Need help plz

Viktor e93

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015
Hi so i deleted my system recovery partition becuase i was trying to get more free space on my little asus laptop..specs are 32gb ssd and 2gb ram... i use it for school work but as soon as i deleted the partition it crashed and now its asking me for a bitlocker key... i did manage to copy the recovery partition on a usb before deleting it, would that key be in there somewhere? I dont know anything about bitlocker i never installed it or activated it myself...Help plz i got school monday and need my computer...

Solution
Hello again Viktor,
First of all (just to gain some info about what you're up against you can refer to this web page): http://www.howtogeek.com/139710/remove-your-pc’s-recovery-partition-and-take-control-of-your-hdd/

Then you can use ease us partition master to recover contents of your Recovery Partition.
Pls note that if you're looking to restore some personal files from your recovery partition, you're in for disappointment as The recovery partition is what you would use to restore your computer back to when you bought it with the operating system on it that was pre-installed. It does not have your old programs and data on it. You will need to backup your data to restore it and install your programs from the original installation...

Gourab Sarkar

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
Hi Viktor,
When you activated bitlocker on your recovery partition, at the end of the process, you were assigned a recovery key & there were options to print that file. If you have forgotten your bitlocker password, just go to forgot password & you will be asked for the recovery key. Enter it & its all good.
Check it out. :)

Viktor e93

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015
@Gourab sarkar see the thing is i never activated a bit locker...i think it may have done it on its own...i dont have a bitlocker key or password.. I only have a copy of the recovery partitiond made by windows recovery app...

Gourab Sarkar

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
Hello again Viktor,
First of all (just to gain some info about what you're up against you can refer to this web page): http://www.howtogeek.com/139710/remove-your-pc’s-recovery-partition-and-take-control-of-your-hdd/

Then you can use ease us partition master to recover contents of your Recovery Partition.
Pls note that if you're looking to restore some personal files from your recovery partition, you're in for disappointment as The recovery partition is what you would use to restore your computer back to when you bought it with the operating system on it that was pre-installed. It does not have your old programs and data on it. You will need to backup your data to restore it and install your programs from the original installation disks.

If you've accidentally deleted files (even from the recycle bin) you can recover those files by using this free application : Piriform Recuva.

Hope this helps. :)

Solution