Need help to choose my new z97 motherboard

Sigre

Reputable
Aug 19, 2014
Hi all,
Last week my Asus P5B-Deluxe is dead after 7 and half years. (doesn't turn on any more, I've forced power from PSU shorting green/black cable, fans spin and red/blue led turn on, but nothing happen on monitor)

So, after seven years I need new PC and after some days looking around to update myself, I've seen a lot of changes and a LOT of motherboards.

The main purpose is for gaming.
I've chosen the Intel i5-4690, maybe with Broadwell I'm gonna update the system for OC, but for now I'm not interested in the Devil's Canyon version ( In my opinion doesn't worth overclocking for a bunch of FPS and spend money on big cooler).

In the range of 150€ I've found those MB that suit with my needs:
- Asus Maximus VII Ranger 158€
- Asrock Extreme 4 z97 140€
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 130€
- MSI Z97 Gaming 5 130€

I'm doubtful after all these years out of the market.
Asus: worth 20/30€ only because it's Asus? I know they have very bad customer support.
Gigabyte: I've seen a lot of people complaining about bad BIOS in Gigabyte and random reboots.
I've seen someone have Qualcomm killerE2200 driver problem.
ASrock: was the little sister of Asus, but now?
MSI: I've seen someone have Qualcomm killerE2200 driver problem.

I appreciate any suggestion on which motherboard choose or better on which company, I'm interested in stability over years and Asus MB has less features ( no glowing LED like MSI e Gigabyte!!! :D ) and cost 30€ more but if it has the same quality of 8 years ago I'll go for it.

Thanks for reading.

romirez

Distinguished
stability over years? and you try to get gaming mobo?
that is mutually exclusive.
Asus Maximus VII Ranger is from ROG series (for gaming for sure)
But if you wish *stability over years* you better to think about TUF series too.