[SOLVED] Need Help with a Stable Connection

Leo Dearden

Honorable
Jun 1, 2016
Hello,

So I've recently moved house and no longer have Ethernet access so I'm going to be using WIFI, would anyone recommend parts or other peripherals that will give me a stable connection that will allow me to play FPS games online.

Solution
You pretty much have 2 other options. If you have tv coax in both rooms you can use MoCA. These can actually get full 1gbit transfer rates with very little extra latency. Your other option is to use powerline network. The av1000 and av2000 units tend to work the best and can give you rates in the 300 range if you are lucky. It depends on the distance and the path of the electrical wires in your house. Both these solution will be massively better than Wifi for games because they have consistent latency.
You pretty much have 2 other options. If you have tv coax in both rooms you can use MoCA. These can actually get full 1gbit transfer rates with very little extra latency. Your other option is to use powerline network. The av1000 and av2000 units tend to work the best and can give you rates in the 300 range if you are lucky. It depends on the distance and the path of the electrical wires in your house. Both these solution will be massively better than Wifi for games because they have consistent latency.

Solution

Leo Dearden

Honorable
Jun 1, 2016

Could you link me a helpful video or document that could help me understand the process of installing? Also if its not too much to ask could u recommend me one?

TRENDING THREADS