Question I need help with installing an M.2 NVMe SSD using an adapter card (for storage only) ?

I need Help With adding a PCIe 4.0 NVME M2 SSD 4 TB on MSI Z87-G45 MB with a PCIe 4.0 adaptor Card inserted into a PCI 3.0 x16 slot.
UEFI shows as unknown vendor and unknown device.

I do not know if this is possible with my motherboard and I7-4770.
I only want to drive for storage.

MBD: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming (set to ACHI as no NVMe available in UEFI)
RAM: 16GB at 1600
512GB SSD for booting
Windows 11 Pro

I have tried a different slot that has the same issues.
This is the 2nd adaptor card that I have tried. This one supports NVME and ACHI

It will freeze the boot process and not boot. I did get in one time yesterday and get into Device Manager, and it showed a NVMe in the Storage Controllers.
No drive was detected.
I had to take it out because Windows kept doing Automatic Repair after freezing on reboots.

Lutfij

Titan
PCIe 4.0 NVME M2 SSD 4 TB on MSI Z87-G45 MB with a PCIe 4.0 adaptor Card inserted into a PCI 3.0 x16 slot.
Make and model for your adapter? A link to said adapter would help us two fold. Make and model of your SSD as well. BIOS version for your motherboard? Do you have any other devices populating your boards PCIe x16 slots? Which slot is the adapter populating?

Limited-time deal: Fikwot FN955 4TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe 1.4 Internal Solid State Drive - Speeds up to 7350MB/s, Configure SLC Cache,Compatible with Laptop/Desktop/Ps5 https://a.co/d/0fZJxjo1

Bejavr M.2 NVME to PCIe 3.0/4.0 x4 Adapter, NVME/AHCI SSD to PCIe Expansion Card with Aluminum Heatsink Solution, Supports PCI-Express X4 X8 X16 Slots https://a.co/d/0dYEJ7CG

The only other card plugged into Pcie x16 is the RTX 4060 which is in the 1st. X16 slot closest to the CPU.

PCIe 4.0 NVME M2 SSD 4 TB on MSI Z87-G45 MB with a PCIe 4.0 adaptor Card inserted into a PCI 3.0 x16 slot.
Make and model for your adapter? A link to said adapter would help us two fold. Make and model of your SSD as well. BIOS version for your motherboard? Do you have any other devices populating your boards PCIe x16 slots? Which slot is the adapter populating?
Uefi is the newest at 1.9. I tried the adaptors in both slots. The current adaptor is the 2nd that I have tried but supports NVME ACHI and NVME.

AHCI is a SATA protocol so that has nothing to do with getting a NVMe drive to work. Without a modded BIOS I'm not sure how it would show up in the BIOS to begin with, but that shouldn't prevent it from working as a secondary drive.

If possible I'd suggest making sure the drive works. Personally I have a USB M.2 adapter that I test all of my drives with before installing to ensure they function.