[SOLVED] Need help with Partition

Jan 17, 2023
Hey brains trust, I am looking for some help please?
I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU. I wanted to bring my PC up to spec for Windows 11 plus gain a bit more budget gaming performance.
I wanted to change my SSD from MBR to GPT. I tried several times unsuccessfully to use the mbr2gpt tool as it would not validate the disk. I then came across a thread that advised creating a partition would allow me to convert to GPT.
This worked but now I want to know if I can remove or extend the partition as I seem to have a currently unusable portion and receive warnings that I have no disk space. (forgive the poor explanation, this is new to me)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
**I have seen many other posts asking for a screenshot of disk management but can't workout how to add it??

Solution
You have to move EFI system partition to end of the drive.
Only then you can extend C: partition.

You can do partition move with Minitool Partition Wizard free. Also I'd suggest increasing size of EFI system partition to 350MB.
Although I do not expect any problems with moving such a small partition,
better have windows 10 install media prepared. If something goes wrong, it will be necessary.
Hey brains trust, I am looking for some help please?
I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU. I wanted to bring my PC up to spec for Windows 11 plus gain a bit more budget gaming performance.
I wanted to change my SSD from MBR to GPT. I tried several times unsuccessfully to use the mbr2gpt tool as it would not validate the disk. I then came across a thread that advised creating a partition would allow me to convert to GPT.
This worked but now I want to know if I can remove or extend the partition as I seem to have a currently unusable portion and receive warnings that I have no disk space. (forgive the poor explanation, this is new to me)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
**I have seen many other posts asking for a screenshot of disk management but can't workout how to add it??
You can extend a partition to another one that is directly to the right of (in this case Windows) C: partition. partition which is also same format and type.
Easiest way to do is by using https://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html

You can do partition move with Minitool Partition Wizard free. Also I'd suggest increasing size of EFI system partition to 350MB.
better have windows 10 install media prepared. If something goes wrong, it will be necessary.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution
Jan 17, 2023

Thanks SkyNetRising. I've just done exactly that. You're a legend.