[SOLVED] Need Help With Port Forwarding

Arkaius

Prominent
Feb 17, 2021
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I think I did everything right, but the port is still closed. Please help.

Solution
That means your router is not being assigned a public IP address. The 10.x.x.x are a block of private IP addresses. What it means to "have" a public IP address is that it is assigned to your router for your exclusive use. What you have now is a shared public IP.

Pretty much this means end of project.

Your only option is to call the ISP and see if they will give/sell you a public IP address. There are vpn services that have a option to have a fixed public IP but they are pretty expensive.

In most cases when you are just trying to host a game server it is going to be cheaper to pay a hosting company for a server rather than trying to get a public ip, then again maybe you get lucky and your ISP will give you one for free.
Check that the 125.161.x.x ip address is the IP address that your router shows assigned to the wan port. Unfortunately this varies a lot between routers but almost all have a way to see what IP is being assigned to the WAN port of your router. These IP must match or you will never get port forwarding to work.

Arkaius

Prominent
Feb 17, 2021
Try dmz and see if that works. If that does, it's something with the port forward. If it doesn't, then it potentially could be an issue on the isp side.
I tried turning on dmz and it still didn't work. Is it possible that my ISP disabled port forwarding?

Check that the 125.161.x.x ip address is the IP address that your router shows assigned to the wan port. Unfortunately this varies a lot between routers but almost all have a way to see what IP is being assigned to the WAN port of your router. These IP must match or you will never get port forwarding to work.
That address is my public one. How do i get my WAN address?

Arkaius

Prominent
Feb 17, 2021
I don't know anything about this but when i checked my router it shows that my WAN connection IP address starts with 10. Is that a problem?

That means your router is not being assigned a public IP address. The 10.x.x.x are a block of private IP addresses. What it means to "have" a public IP address is that it is assigned to your router for your exclusive use. What you have now is a shared public IP.

Pretty much this means end of project.

Your only option is to call the ISP and see if they will give/sell you a public IP address. There are vpn services that have a option to have a fixed public IP but they are pretty expensive.

In most cases when you are just trying to host a game server it is going to be cheaper to pay a hosting company for a server rather than trying to get a public ip, then again maybe you get lucky and your ISP will give you one for free.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution
I don't know anything about this but when i checked my router it shows that my WAN connection IP address starts with 10. Is that a problem?
Is your router connected to another modem? The modem might also be a router which means you're nested. You have to portforward twice.
What do you need port forwarding for? You should take extra caution opening up any inbound traffic. You may not need this.

Reactions: SamirD

TRENDING THREADS