Question Need help with possible upgrade

Vlad.-.

Reputable
Mar 27, 2019
Yo just to give context here are my current specs.
I7 3770k @4.3ghz
16gb ddr3 1600mhz hyperx blu
Asus rx580 strix top oc
msi z77a-g43 motherboard

I have had this pc for about 6 years now and recently upgraded to that rx580 but recently i have had some troubles with my CPU and im not sure what going on. Most of the time i play anything i will have straight 100% cpu usage or just execessive frame drops. Im not in any way an overclocking genius but i think i have done it right ran prime 95 and no crashes so im just thinking that the cpu is starting to become irrelevant in a sense. Now on to the question.

If i were to upgrade what will be my best bet?
I have looked at the i5 9600k and the ryzen 7 2700x what will be a good choice? Thanks in advance.

If you can live with what you have through July, AMD is supposed to release their next generation of both mainboards (X570, B550) and processors (-3000 series) that might bring some large performance increases to the table...(a month or two ago, AMD was claiming to have equaled/sightly exceeded the 9900K's Cinebench performance, which would be impressive, especially if this carries over to gaming performance...)

If going the Intel route, the 9700K seems the current very good performance/decent value ratio leader at the moment, offering about 95% of the 9900K's frame rates but at ~$200 less expense...

GOod luck whichever way you choose to proceed....