Need Help With Problem Bringing up Internet Camera Page

I really need help. I am not well versed in XP and its firewall and am
floundering trying to solve this problem. I have uninstalled Symantec /
Norton - everything that was installed, and turned off the XP firewall but
those actions have not helped.

I am attempting to access a TRENDNet Internet Camera Server. I can log in
but then the page that should load asking if you wish to use ActiveX, Java
or third app I cannot remember does not come up. The green status indicator
at the right bottom part of my screen looks like it gets half way finished
and nothing happens. I can access the page using an old Compaq PC running
Windows 98SE, so I am thinking that a setting in my new Dell Windows XP
service pack 2 PC must be blocking the page. One other piece of info - the
Dell PC only has Sun Java. Please help.

"ridgerunner" wrote:

> I really need help. I am not well versed in XP and its firewall and am
> floundering trying to solve this problem. I have uninstalled Symantec /
> Norton - everything that was installed, and turned off the XP firewall but
> those actions have not helped.
>
> I am attempting to access a TRENDNet Internet Camera Server. I can log in
> but then the page that should load asking if you wish to use ActiveX, Java
> or third app I cannot remember does not come up. The green status indicator
> at the right bottom part of my screen looks like it gets half way finished
> and nothing happens. I can access the page using an old Compaq PC running
> Windows 98SE, so I am thinking that a setting in my new Dell Windows XP
> service pack 2 PC must be blocking the page. One other piece of info - the
> Dell PC only has Sun Java. Please help.

I think the problem is IE SP2 (one of many reasons I primarily use Firefox
instead of IE). I've noticed that the tightened security of SP2 tends to
block your PC from running ActiveX controls on a web page. Is there a yellow
bar that shows up when you try to load this web site? If so, right click on
the yellow bar and click "Allow Blocked Content" to access the site. IE will
include support for ActiveX, so you're not really missing anything.

Another possibility could be that your security setting is TOO high. Go to
Tools --> Internet Options and go to the Privacy tab. Drag the slider down to
medium. If this still doesn't work, then click the "sites" button and check
if this site is listed. If so select the item in the list and click "remove."
If it's not listed then reply here and I will try my best to help.

-Ken C.
New Delhi

No, there is no yellow bar when I try to access the page. If I could bring
up the page, I would choose Image View - Java Mode.
My internet settings are set to 'MEDIUM" and I have listed this site under
trusted sites.
Thanks