Aug 26, 2019
Hello,sry for that question,i know that here have enough like this one,but i srsly need some help

Now i have i5 4460
B85m-k mb
12gb ram 1.6gghz
gammaxx 300

I need cpu upgrade,but im not sure what to do
i have money to buy 4790(non k) on ali for 150$,but will this purchase be worth it?
i can try to find some money to but smthn like r5 1600,but as i know 4790>1600 ingame

im playing pubg(1680*1050 all low,textures at high)

sorry for my bad england

Solution
Don't waste your money on the K unless you also want to buy a Z87 mobo to overclock. Otherwise you just wasted extra money for no extra performance, and you would also need a CPU cooler that is not the stock cooler in order to overclock

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
If only having enough money for the CPU, then the i7 will perform better than the i5 on PUBG because the extra threads will help with the open world large map. How much better performance I do not know, but it will be better regardless.

You don't want to upgrade to Ryzen because then you need a new motherboard AND ram which will cost you more than the i7 upgrade.

Only upgrade platform to newer if you can afford all three parts of CPU, Mobo, and RAM

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I mean, granted. It's a difference of 3.6ghz vs 4.0ghz.

That 400mhz makes a difference, but is it a difference that is worth an extra $80?

Because overclocking is not a factor due to your motherboard not being able to do that you have to then just look at stock performance between the two.

And so you have to ask yourself is the extra performance that 400mhz provides worth $80?

As it is just having the hyper threading will give you a boost in PUBG compared to the i5. But you now have to look at how much of a difference that 400mhz will make compared to non K i7 and decide if it's worth the $80.

For me personally out wouldn't worth it unless I also already had a Z87 and an aftermarket cooler to overclock it to about 4.5ghz or even 4.3ghz, because then that would be 700-900mhz difference.

But since you don't have any of that and are probably planning to use the stock cooler you already have on your i5 with the i7, just save your money and get the non K.

Also, at 4ghz stock speed of the K version, I don't think a stock cooler will be able to keep it cool enough and out would thermal throttle which means that on top of the $80, you'll have to spend another $30 for a budget cooler