[SOLVED] Need New USB Cable - unsure which one I need

Mar 4, 2022
I recently built my wife a new computer, using the Corsair 4000D Airflow case. Somehow, the USB header cable just...fell apart when I was plugging it into the motherboard. I'm unsure what cable I need to order to replace it. Any advice?

Solution
Hmmm, that looks like bad quality control from the factory(where the case is made/assembled). You should be able to pull out the plastic harness that's leftover on the motherboard but be gentle to pull it out in a straight line, towards you, using a pair of needle nose pliers.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please parse the extent of the damage you're speaking of? You can host your images(and/or video) on a site like Imgur or their ilk and then parse the link for us to see, here. If the cases' internal connectors gave away, that would indicate a faulty/poorly built unit. I'd also keep Corsair and your seller in the loop on the matter, in case you need to move forward with an RMA.

Mar 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please parse the extent of the damage you're speaking of? You can host your images(and/or video) on a site like Imgur or their ilk and then parse the link for us to see, here. If the cases' internal connectors gave away, that would indicate a faulty/poorly built unit. I'd also keep Corsair and your seller in the loop on the matter, in case you need to move forward with an RMA.

Great! I also put in a ticket with Corsair, so we'll see what they say as well. Happy to share images of the problem! It's not letting me upload images, so I tried to put them on Imgur, but it's not allowing me to add those links as images either. Here are the links, hopefully this works. Please forgive the cable management, it's still very much a work in progress :)

View: https://imgur.com/BnHLgyQ

View: https://imgur.com/44Czwpu

Lutfij

Titan
Hmmm, that looks like bad quality control from the factory(where the case is made/assembled). You should be able to pull out the plastic harness that's leftover on the motherboard but be gentle to pull it out in a straight line, towards you, using a pair of needle nose pliers.

Solution