[SOLVED] Need Onboard Speakers while Mic plugged into headset jack

Apr 24, 2020
Hi there,
And thanks in advance for any help with this problem I'm hoping to resolve.
What I'm looking to do seems simple. I am streaming from my i7 HP Pavillion Laptop 14-ce0505sa using a mic plugged into the headset jack.
The mic is recognized as a headset instead of just a mic and so no audio plays through the onboard speakers. I would like to use the onboard speakers while the mic is plugged in, and would appreciate the same set up for video conferencing as well.
Any solutions I have found involve realtek Audio manager, which does not seem to exist. I have read many posts about how to find Audio manager when it has disappeared, but none of the fixes have worked for me, as Audio Manager is obviously not present in the current Realtek set up on this machine. I have updated drivers, uninstalled, and reinstalled drivers and looked everywhere for an option to separate the mic and audio, but there isn't any such option. The device is listed in Control Panel Sound as Speaker/Headphones
CAN ANYONE HELP me! pleeeeeasssssse...
This is highly annoying.
Thanks in advance

Solution
Hi there, thanks for your reply.
I do have a USB mic but it requires being quite close and doesn't work for everything that I'm doing. I have two lapel mics that I use with 3.5 jack. You are absolutely right that there should... SHOULD... Be a switch accessible from the system tray or at the very least in the advanced settings. But because they are listed as one device you cannot change that option. Apparently you could with realtek audio manager, which is not installed on my machine for some reason. I don't know if realtek have done away with it but that's apparently what's happened.
Any other ideas anyone?

Is a bluetooth headset out? Even one of the small ones they use for phones? I just bought one for like $35 to use for...
A simple fix would be to use a USB mic. You can't set the default output on the laptop to use the speakers instead of the headset option? You should have options for default device and also check the volume mixer.

You may also get a message form the computer about a device being plugged into the audio jack and to select what you plugged in. You may have selected headset.

Apr 24, 2020
I do have a USB mic but it requires being quite close and doesn't work for everything that I'm doing. I have two lapel mics that I use with 3.5 jack. You are absolutely right that there should... SHOULD... Be a switch accessible from the system tray or at the very least in the advanced settings. But because they are listed as one device you cannot change that option. Apparently you could with realtek audio manager, which is not installed on my machine for some reason. I don't know if realtek have done away with it but that's apparently what's happened.
Any other ideas anyone?

Any other ideas anyone?

Is a bluetooth headset out? Even one of the small ones they use for phones? I just bought one for like $35 to use for work meetings and tech support with remote users. This one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081N78GZ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 a decent copy of the one from Platronics, which I also owned till my wife lost it a few years ago. You probably would need to replace the stock ear tips to fit it nicely but sound quality is good on it.

Solution
Apr 24, 2020
Hi there,
Again, I genuinely appreciate your taking the time to respond. I have considered a headset. But, it will not work for what I need. I am really wondering about whether or not it is possible to separate the internal speakers from the headphone jack somehow so that I can select one or the other, or both.
It seems like this should be possible.
Cheers, John