need proper watts

bonecrusher37

Prominent
May 29, 2018
Hi to all,i have a Asus rog20 AJ 1A .I already have a 230 watt psu and getting a 180 watt in a month or so..my question is will that be enough to run a 1050ti or a 1060?if anyone know can my asus even run those cards my specs are i5-4460

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
Have any of you actually looked at the spec?? The PSU is external; without reading the manual, who can give the correct answer?

I am guessing from what the OP has said, and the configuration of the stupid designer rig he owns, that he thinks he can run the 230w and the 180w in parallel (the case has inputs for both).

Even he doesnt know if the cards will fit inside, it looks like a sardine tin with the side off, so unless the card he has specified is physically smaller than what is already fitted, the answer is "no".

https://www.asus.com/uk/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG_G20AJ/

bonecrusher37

Prominent
May 29, 2018
Okay ,thank you..i have seen video on you tube of pc owners putting 1050 all the way up to 1060 in a asus rog20 but the video is 2 years old.my concern is did the card work or did the upgrade destroy the system there is no info out there i have seen to answer that.Would i be best to just buy a Pc with a 1070 because i want 4 k graphics eventually and i know no way will i get that with 1050 and under.thank you so much forum family for you info..and have a great day or night depends on where your located and God bless you all.Also i know with this system by the time i invest in trying to upgrade it..and the headache of figuring things out i think i may just upgrade to a new system any ideas which way to go on the 1070 AMD or INTEL iam putting a budget of 2000 please help if have any info on best system for my money