Need Scanning Hotfix!

Hello!
I have an all-in-one scanner from HP that is unable to scan. After some
research at the HP site, I discovered this is due to a usbscan.sys file that
needs a hotfix. This was verified at Microsoft, who has issued the hotfix.
The only way to get to the hotfix, it seems, is to go through support.
However, since my Windows is from Dell, I am unable to request this Hotfix
without providing my CC number and possibly incurring a $35 charge. Is there
any other way to get this hotfix, as this method seems ridiculous.
Thanks!

Michelle

Only Microsoft support can help you obtain the hotfix.
If you specifically tell them you are calling about a particular
hotfix, they will not charge for it.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP