• Thread starter DeletedMember2214058
  • Start date
D

DeletedMember2214058

My specs are:

CPU: AMD FX-4100 Quad core, 3600 MHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series 2 GB
RAM: 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 (CPUSocket)
Cooler: Stock cooler

I am fairly new regarding the "overclocking". My pc is now a solid 4 or 5 years old now. I know that, especially my GPU, is out-dated but I currently do not have the money to upgrade any parts.

I was wondering if I could overclock my GPU, and if so. Is there anyone who can tell me what settings I can use to make sure it is not (too) damaging for my PC?

Solution
Install MSI Afterburner, best tool for overclocking your GPU. You will also want to get MSI Kombustor and Unigine Valley/Heaven, and also GPU-Z.

MSI Kombustor will be your stress test, it will make sure your GPU is stable at the new speeds you propose. If for any reason your computer crashes at this point or you see "Artifacts", then those speeds are not stable so dial them back 50MHz and retry.

Before you do any overclocking run Unigine Valley/Heaven. This will be your Benchmark, you will be able to see the improvement after the overclock. Take a note of your scores and open up MSI after burner.

Just go ahead and put the power limit on max if it lets you, and don't touch the voltage. It will be disabled by default and there's good...

PC-4LIFE

Respectable
Nov 14, 2016
Install MSI Afterburner, best tool for overclocking your GPU. You will also want to get MSI Kombustor and Unigine Valley/Heaven, and also GPU-Z.

MSI Kombustor will be your stress test, it will make sure your GPU is stable at the new speeds you propose. If for any reason your computer crashes at this point or you see "Artifacts", then those speeds are not stable so dial them back 50MHz and retry.

Before you do any overclocking run Unigine Valley/Heaven. This will be your Benchmark, you will be able to see the improvement after the overclock. Take a note of your scores and open up MSI after burner.

Just go ahead and put the power limit on max if it lets you, and don't touch the voltage. It will be disabled by default and there's good reason for that. Overvolting degrades electrical pathways so it reduces your GPU lifespan and will generate more heat. Next increase the core clock (and memory clock(optional)) by 50MHz, click the tick below and save it as a profile.

Now this is when you run the stress test. If a crash occurs you need to stop overclocking, your GPU will not overclock any further than what its default is, tough luck. Monitor your temperatures using GPU-Z, and make sure they don't exceed 85C. If you don't crash go ahead and run the benchmark, compare the score to the previous score and see the improvement.

Repeat this process until your GPU just won't go any higher without crashing.

Solution