Need Tattoo software for HP (repost)

Sorry if this appears twice, as it somehow disappeared from my news
server.

Hello all,

I have a customers pc (Pavilion 7905) here that suffered a failed hard
drive. Naturally the customer never made any recovery disks before this
happened and HP didn't provide any. Now I have purchased a 7 disc
recovery set for $25.00 from HP for this specific model and serial
number, and (naturally again) it will not boot these. HP tells me that
the BIOS "Tattoo" information has "somehow" become corrupted and I will
need to take it to an authorized service center to have the bios
re-tattooed so these disks will work. Of course the "authorized"
service center wants me to shell out another $95.00 for the privilege.

Can anyone point me to some software that will retattoo the bios so that
I can recover this damn system?

spam-me at houston dot rr dot com is my real e-mail address.

if this is just a matter of whether the recovery disks work or not, not
a knackered bios, i'd be tempted to tell them where to get off, and get
an OEM copy of Windows XP and do a clean install...works out cheaper
and you won't be in the same position again. you'd lose any apps you
didn't have media for, though.

ric