Need urgent Advice: Nvdia gtx970 vs gtx 1060 or rx480

Arham_saif

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
I am looking to upgrade my GTX750 Card and I don't know whether i should buy a gtx 970, 1060 or rx480.My last budget is GTX 1060 only.
My system configration
AMD fx8350
Gigabyte 990fx gaming MoBO
16GB ram
GTX 750ti

Solution

1060 is the best choice, make sure you overclock your processor

the bottleneck will be bad, but at least you can take it with you when you upgrade your setup

frank_hnd

Honorable
both the GTX1060 and RX480 are great choices for your rig.
if you can find the GTX970 for a reasonable cheaper price than the 2 mentioned above then go with it. you probably play games that don't require more than 4GB VRAM or play at 1080p, which the 970 is a good card for.

if paying full price, obviously go with the newer cards.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

1060 is the best choice, make sure you overclock your processor

the bottleneck will be bad, but at least you can take it with you when you upgrade your setup

Solution

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

it means the 1060 will not be able to give it's full performance because it will be bottlenecked by your processor

your processor is not good enough to keep up with it

Arham_saif

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

but which upgrade made my system better?? please suggest me
should i need to change my amd to i5? or motherboard?

Arham_saif

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

but when i purchased it.everyone is with the favour of amd??? what wrong with amd in comparison to i5?

Not sure who everyone is. But the i5s have always been very good, under certain scenarios the AMD is faster, but on average an i5 wins, when the AMDs came out they were already struggling against current i5s, it's been 4 years with little change.

The unfortunate situation is that there are very loud voices (on both sides, and on GPU's as well as CPUs) that proclaim that the solution that they follow is 'the best'.

This is a set of benchmarks for an 8350 vs a 3570k (4years old) http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/697?vs=701 on some highly threaded activities the AMD wins, the intel take all of the gaming and single core wins

Bring that foward to the latest i5's http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/697?vs=1544 The intel wins except on zipping.

Whomever 'everyone' was, they were using their heart/opinion to advice you and not data.

However.

The bottleneck will probably be slight, try it and see, it may only be an issue in CPU constrained games.

Arham_saif

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

and one morw thing bro.. is there any difference between amd 8320,8350,8370??? what is the major or worth difference between them??

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Just the standard clock speed. If you are overclocking then the 8320 is best value.

Arham_saif

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

bro actually i don't know the exact meaning of over clocking in our term. can you explain me what is overclocking and what it actually meant to us? please.

Arham_saif

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

then what is the benefit of purchasing 8350 or 8370??

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

basically nothing if you overclock

this is why people do it