Question I need a Windows 10 compatible driver for this RAID card ?

beaumagi2000

Honorable
Sep 12, 2018
I bought an Adaptec AAR-1430sa ROHS RAID card and I can't seem to find a Windows 10 compatible driver for it. Can anyone direct me to a possible updated driver, or am I sol and need to buy a newer card?

s-l1600.webp

There is no exe to see if the driver above is the correct one. You will have to install from device manager ---right click--- on the card and choose you want to update the driver and go through the prompts and choose the folder you downloaded the driver in.

Windows will install it if it's the correct driver or say it does not match your hardware.

All the other search results for the adapter/driver want to install a driver updater program. NO NO NO.

Or see if with the right wording in the search box.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/home.aspx

As we march forward older drives get ghosted.

I'm super anal for keeping drivers for this reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: punkncat

beaumagi2000

Honorable
Sep 12, 2018
Thank you Stonecarver,
That installed the driver but now it shows ! in the device manager and I have this when I go to properties:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

An I/O adapter hardware error has occurred.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Will it show you a Hardware ID string? Was this or something just about like it ever used in a retail prebuild?

What I am getting at is if you search the hardware id you may stumble across other possible hits for drivers.

This is where it gets dicey. Is it the driver ?

Is it the hardware?

Is it just not compatible with Windows 10?

Now that the card at least made it into device manager great suggestion from punkncat can you post the hardware ID from the device manager.

Device manager---choose the card---right click and go to --- properties--- choose---Details---go down to ---Device description--- click the drop down arrow and choose ---Hardware ids---

Copy and paste on here and who knows maybe there is a solution those numbers will lead us to .

beaumagi2000

Honorable
Sep 12, 2018
Will it show you a Hardware ID string? Was this or something just about like it ever used in a retail prebuild?

What I am getting at is if you search the hardware id you may stumble across other possible hits for drivers.
If you're talking about the raid card, I got it off Amazon from a 3rd party seller. So, I have no idea. Sorry. I am going camping over the weekend, so I cannot respond to any reply until Sunday evening or Monday morning.

this isnt raid card, its just sata controller with software raid, meaning you can replace it with any 20 bucks sata expansion card from amazon and do raid through mainboard bios or within windows

unless you need real raid card, why waste time with 20 yr old card