Question Quiet fans

Jul 27, 2024
Thinking of buying one of the new Antec C8 cases. The question is what fans to put in it? I treasure quiet above all but fancy some ARGB as well. I currently use CM Silencios and love them because they're so quiet, but they don't make an ARGB version so far as I can tell. Are there any ARGB fans that are as quiet as Silencios?

Lutfij

Titan
Reactions: CountMike
Jul 27, 2024
Thinking of buying one of the new Antec C8 cases. The question is what fans to put in it? I treasure quiet above all but fancy some ARGB as well. I currently use CM Silencios and love them because they're so quiet, but they don't make an ARGB version so far as I can tell. Are there any ARGB fans that are as quiet as Silencios?
Most fans can be made silent by adjusting their speed in the BIOS or in software that the manufacturer provides (or in 3rd party software). The only question is how much air they move whilst being silent.

I would say that the currently best performing fans with ARGB features are the Lian Li Uni Fan TL 120 / 140 fans. The RGB is really fancy, and they move as much air as the P28s. They're also 28mm thick, so be aware of that.

Depending on how much cooling performance you need for your system, you could get away with much cheaper fans...

Thermalright C12S are a good budget pick if they are available in your region.

Otherwise Arctic P12/P14 ARGB.