[SOLVED] Netowork adapter disconnecting frequently

Xtal_

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2014
So I've been having a reocurring issue with my adpater spontaneously dropping out quite frequently- some days more frequently than others. I've tried everything online that proposes a fix; changed my adapter (multiple times), changed my router, tried updating/reinstalling/rolling back driver, turned off automatic power settings for the adapter, changed my IPV4 AND 6 config, plugged it into different usb ports and finally used system checker and corrupt file repair (which seemed to work for a day). Still I am getting the same issue. Any help is greatly appreciated as this is becoming very frustrating. The adapter- TP link archer T3U. PC specs- AMD ryzen 5 3600 CPU, MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX, corsair vengance DDR4-3200 8GB memory, Corsair RM 650W power supply and an NVIDIA GT 730 GPU.

Solution
What frequency and channel are you using?

This adapter?

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/usb-adapter/archer-t3u/

And you have physically changed it "multiple times" - correct?

- Before booting the host computer feel the the T3U.

After the system has booted and network connectivity is established and working keep feeling the adapter. Do so carefully - if the adapter is very warm or even hot it may be beginning to fail.

- Also try using a USB extension cable to raise the adapter up and about - away from the current host USB port .

That may prove directly helpful with respect to transmission and reception. And possibly keep the adapter cooler as well.

Double check that no other network adapters (wired or...

Ralston18

Titan
What frequency and channel are you using?

This adapter?

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/usb-adapter/archer-t3u/

And you have physically changed it "multiple times" - correct?

- Before booting the host computer feel the the T3U.

After the system has booted and network connectivity is established and working keep feeling the adapter. Do so carefully - if the adapter is very warm or even hot it may be beginning to fail.

- Also try using a USB extension cable to raise the adapter up and about - away from the current host USB port .

That may prove directly helpful with respect to transmission and reception. And possibly keep the adapter cooler as well.

Double check that no other network adapters (wired or wireless) are enabled on the host computer.

If your ISP does not provide IPv6 then try disabling that.

Solution