Question New 1660ti and new PSU, random freeze when playing games. No event log

gerwin_vl

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

Almost 1 week ago I bought a new PSU and new GPU (Gigabyte GTX 1660 ti gaming OC). Now my pc freezes once a day, it doesn't crash after the first time. I've had this consistently every day, times are different every time.
I know when it starts to freeze cause first my game locks up, i can still alt tab hear discord and stuff and a couple seconds after that my mouse freezes in position and I can't do anything anymore.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers completely, removing it with DDU first. Removing all software that might cause an issue (like OC software).
I have installed all the windows updates. Temps are completely fine too. It isn't a BSOD.

This wasn't happening to me before I had these new components, I have no idea what the issue is. I've checked the event viewer to see if that gave any issues, but the critical error is just me rebooting the PC by pressing the Reset button.

Do any of you have an idea of what the issue might be? If you need any more information please ask me.

Components:
CPU: I7 4790K 4Ghz
RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI Rev 1.0
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660ti Gaming OC 6GB
PSU: Corsair AX760
HDD1: Kingston V300 120gb
HDD2: Seagate ST1000 1TB
HDD3: Western Digital WD10S21X 1TB

Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

- Gerwin

gerwin_vl

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
My windows settings are already on high performance, I will check if the SSD is on the latest firmware. The AX760 is new yes, bought it a week ago too.

gerwin_vl

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017
Well i updated windows, updated the latest drivers and swapped pci slot and now it seems to be fixed. Still some lag spikes but that might have to do with the new drivers.