Question New 4k 120hz tv flashing on foliage

Sep 11, 2020
Hello! This is my favorite forum rnow because it’s where i get most help from soo. I got a new tv 4k 120hz but videos flashing especially on foliage. It’s super hard to show when recording cause the phone doesnt pick it up so easy :p I’m wondering if it’s because its 120hz on a 60hz video and the video cannot keep up with the hertz being displayed on the tv? Is this a reasonable question? Also flashing on trees sometimes but not often.

Hey there,

So, is this happening when using youtibe or something? I'm not sure what you mean by videos.

Also, please list your full PC specs, so we can better advise.

If it's in browser whilst watching movies, then you can enable/disable hardware accelration. See if this makes a difference.

Sep 11, 2020
Hello! This is a samsung q70c tv. I don’t really know what to say when it comes to tv’s because im completely useless when it comes to that sadly. It happens on basically all videos but some videos are less noticable and definitely more noticable on 4k videos Since it’s a smart tv i play youtube (Directly) From the tv’s menu so no browser uses. I cannot really talk about specs since its a tv. Also noticable on some prime video, videos so i think its an all around thing. Sorry for the bad explaination but as i said. Not a big tech guy when it comes to tv’s

Hello! This is a samsung q70c tv. I don’t really know what to say when it comes to tv’s because im completely useless when it comes to that sadly. It happens on basically all videos but some videos are less noticable and definitely more noticable on 4k videos Since it’s a smart tv i play youtube (Directly) From the tv’s menu so no browser uses. I cannot really talk about specs since its a tv. Also noticable on some prime video, videos so i think its an all around thing. Sorry for the bad explaination but as i said. Not a big tech guy when it comes to tv’s
You could try going through the tv's settings and see if you can find the one called Game Mode which relates to the refresh rate. It may be set to Auto but it may be better if you set if to ON so that its available all the time.