Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
<A HREF="http://amd.com/us-en/Corporate/VirtualPressRoom/0,,51_104_608,00.html" target="_new">Click</A>

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Interesting to see an all over the board switch to 90nm. They seem pretty confident with the process.

Signature (up to 200 characters). You may use <font color=blue><b>Markup</b></font color=blue> in your signature

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Is it me, or have the roadmaps for Intel and AMD both gotten pretty boring? :\

<pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
They dont make roadmaps for entertaining purpose :tongue:

Signature (up to 200 characters). You may use <font color=blue><b>Markup</b></font color=blue> in your signature

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
do we really NEED new proc's for the current operating systems and games that we have?

my athlonxp is enough for HL2, Doom3 and Far Cry :tongue:

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
Brand name whores are stupid!

RichPLS

Champion
I dont know, the two heavy hitters are using stragerery to one up the other guy. In this case, we win, as they duke it out for the performance crown...Could be pretty exciting.

<font color=red><pre>\\//__________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Actually, I think that's the problem. They <i>haven't</i> been duking it out. They haven't been surprising us at all. They haven't really done anything interesting in while now. It's just slow speed ramps and predictable process improvements.

I mean AMD drug out the Hammer thing so long that it was difficult to even remain hyped after it was <i>finally</i> released with it's good performance and features. It was more like "What took you so long?" than "Wow!" And Intel totally blew it with the Prescott, destroying the performance advantages that they had created with their even longer pipeline to turn what could have been a significant improvement into a hot-running mediocre core.

The roadmaps have just gotten so long-winded and uninspired lately. Or maybe it's just been that neither Intel nor AMD have any inspirational plans to rock our worlds anymore. :\ The semiconductor industry used to be so much more fascinating. Now it's like a bad movie where you know how it will end after the first ten minutes. There's nothing to get excited about. There's nothing to make me want to build a new PC.

<pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
I agree, computers are lame. It used to be exciting, but now its just like "meh". maybe its because our needs have been met long ago?

im currently reading more about storage and graphics, areas where theres still room for improvement that will affect us more dramatically
-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
Brand name whores are stupid!

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
its all about money fellas..... and there winning eitherway... they release a CPU that performs a few seconds better on a game, that we barely even notice most of the time. its all crap to me..... upgrade every 3 yrs and then you'll see a crazy improvement

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
LiteOn 52X/LiteOn 811s DVD-RW
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
Hitachi CML174
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200