[SOLVED] New b450 motherboard potentially dead

Apr 4, 2020
So I used to have a Ryzen 3 1300x with a MSI B450m Gaming Pro motherboard but I recently got a decent amount of money and decided that it's been too long since I have upgraded my pc. So I bought a Ryzen 5 3600, ** Asrock B450m-HDV R4.0, and an RTX 2060. Knowing that I would potentially have to update my bios when the new Mobo and CPU came in I already went ahead and prepared a FlashDrive with the file. Before I updated it I wanted to see if it would post, so I turned it on went into the bios and saw my 3600 and 8gb of 3200 ram with my ssd so everything seemed fine. I exit the bios and enter windows. It gave me a blue screen and instantly reboots I was like ok I'll try it a few more times see if anything is wrong. Blue screens agian the next two time giving two different errors
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(gives this error twice) (one time it says What failed: spaceport.sys)
IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Now I have no idea what this mean and quite frankly the Microsoft page didn't help too much. I did manage to actually get to my desktop once but it just bluescreened as soon as I did anything. Never been able to get back.
I then updated my bios and nothing changed, still getting those errors. I said ok maybe there is a way I can try to boot into a fresh copy of windows because maybe it was windows that was the issue, get my Windows FlashDrive get a fresh HDD on the windows setup screen it bluescreens on a fresh HDD. Now I notice that sometimes when it reboots it puts me straight into the bios and occasionally it won't recognize my ram. I restart the PC and it still does the same thing. I have absolutely no idea what is wrong I am prepared to buy a new motherboard I just want to know if it's the motherboard or something else.

Solution
I'm using adata XPG 3000mhz ram, EVGA 450 semi modular, and yes I still have the 1300x and B350m

So I used to have a Ryzen 3 1300x with a MSI B450m Gaming Pro motherboard

According to that you had a B450m Gaming Pro. So is it a B450m or a B350m?
I'm using adata XPG 3000mhz ram, EVGA 450 semi modular, and yes I still have the 1300x and B350m

Also, having the EXACT memory kit information, not just some general Adata XPG 3000mhz description, would be critical. Memory model numbers are critical for diagnosing problems with Ryzen platforms because a lot of motherboards simply will not work with some memory kits.

Do you have the A-XMP memory profile enabled in the BIOS or are you running at the default memory...

So I used to have a Ryzen 3 1300x with a MSI B450m Gaming Pro motherboard

According to that you had a B450m Gaming Pro. So is it a B450m or a B350m?

Also, having the EXACT memory kit information, not just some general Adata XPG 3000mhz description, would be critical. Memory model numbers are critical for diagnosing problems with Ryzen platforms because a lot of motherboards simply will not work with some memory kits.

Do you have the A-XMP memory profile enabled in the BIOS or are you running at the default memory configuration? Have you tried setting the memory speed to 2933mhz? That might be a good place to start since you have one of the lowest possible B450 motherboards in terms of quality and features, and that makes it very likely for it to have problems with memory compatibility and very sensitive to configuration issues.

The same goes for your power supply. I need the exact model. EVGA offers both very good and very crappy power supplies, so just saying it's a semi modular 450w EVGA unit is like saying "I have a car" when somebody asks what you drive.

Solution