Question New build advice ! Please help !

Dec 3, 2023
Hey ALL this is my list for my new build ! And before I hit the buy button I really want some advice and suggestion ? Am I doing this right ? Could I do it cheaper for same power ? Will there be a bottleneck or will this cpu work well with this card ? Please help

Asus Rog strix Geoforce RTX 4070 TI SUPER OC EDITION 16 GB - 950

Corsair I cue fans 3 pack X 2 - 75.98

Rog strix motherboard - 259.98

4 16 gbCorsair vengeance ram DDR 5 - 245.98

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D - 350

WD BLACK SN850X - 101.17

WD blue 1TB SATA - 49.49

MSI 850 WATT plus gold - 119.99

Corsair elite capellix white 150

Corsair case 250

2554 total

Reactions: Why_Me
There are dozens of changes you COULD make.

Some more sensible than others, but we have no idea what the purpose of the PC is.

Nor do we know what led you to choose those specific parts.

I'd guess most would suggest 2 sticks of 32 gb rather than 4 sticks of 16 gb for RAM. Maybe you have a specific reason to choose 4 sticks?

Do you have a strong reason to have a spinning hard drive at all?

Reactions: rekenukhh
Dec 3, 2023

Some more sensible than others, but we have no idea what the purpose of the PC is.

I'd guess most would suggest 2 sticks of 32 gb rather than 4 sticks of 16 gb for RAM. Maybe you have a specific reason to choose 4 sticks?

Can always get 2 32 GB just the Corsair vengeance DDR 5 16 GB sticks seemed nice but I can look into 32 !
What is a spinning hard drive is that the sata ? I just always thought I'd need one for D Drive -
The purpose of the PC is for gaming - Appreciate the reply and look forward to hearing back

Dec 3, 2023

Gaming maximum FPS like as high as possible. Want to be easily exceeding 240hz monitor and never dropping below in CSGO

Dec 3, 2023
What is your best reason for 64 gb RAM rather than 32 gb?

Can you spend 5000?

If not, what max?
Not really too much higher or id opt for the 4090 card but can't really stretch that far !
I've got a £500 monitor to buy on top of this also

If you don't really have reasons, my first suggestion would be to slow down until you do.

What is your absolute maximum for ALL parts?

2600?

2700?

3100?

What is your location and where do you intend to buy the parts?

Dec 3, 2023
If you don't really have reasons, my first suggestion would be to slow down until you do.

What is your absolute maximum for ALL parts?

2600?

2700?

3100?

What is your location and where do you intend to buy the parts?
Probably 2700 and online buddy

Depends.

Some people would put everything on a single drive....like your SN850X.

Some wouldn't.

What did you intend to put on the WD Blue drive?

Why did you choose that particular size?

We don't know anything about your capacity requirements.

There is no over-riding reason to choose an NVME for a second drive. Ok if you do; ok if you don't.

Dec 3, 2023
Depends.

Some people would put everything on a single drive....like your SN850X.

Some wouldn't.

What did you intend to put on the WD Blue drive?

Why did you choose that particular size?

We don't know anything about your capacity requirements.

There is no over-riding reason to choose an NVME for a second drive. Ok if you do; ok if you don't.
So I should buy another M.2 ? There wasn't much I intended on putting on there just windows most likely.
Just thought having one was a requirement lol
I'm glad you're here !.
Are you familiar with the GPU cards ? Is it worth the extra money for the 4070 TI SUPER by Rog
Or shall I got with the 4070 super (non TI) by zotac ?

Putting Windows on a WD Blue spinning SATA drive is one of the worst things you can do.

It would be perfectly fine if we were in 2005 rather than 2024.

Put Windows on an SSD. Your SN850X would be fine.

But you could save some money by going with some other SSD.

I use a relatively small NVME for Windows and all programs and a larger totally different drive for everything else. That is personal preference.

You can put everything on a single NVME if you want.

I'd have at least one more internal drive (maybe just plain old 2.5 inch SSD) for backup purposes if nothing else.

Some people are slaves to benchmarks. If you are one of them, maybe you would be highly dissatisfied with anything that isn't the absolute highest EVEN THOUGH you couldn't tell the difference in real life. Don't know your feelings about benchmarks.

Neither of them bud. Europe.

What should I choose instead

Dec 3, 2023
Putting Windows on a WD Blue spinning SATA drive is one of the worst things you can do.

It would be perfectly fine if we were in 2005 rather than 2024.

Put Windows on an SSD. Your SN850X would be fine.

But you could save some money by going with some other SSD.

I use a relatively small NVME for Windows and all programs and a larger totally different drive for everything else. That is personal preference.

You can put everything on a single NVME if you want.

I'd have at least one more internal drive (maybe just plain old 2.5 inch SSD) for backup purposes if nothing else.

Some people are slaves to benchmarks. If you are one of them, maybe you would be highly dissatisfied with anything that isn't the absolute highest EVEN THOUGH you couldn't tell the difference in real life. Don't know your feelings about benchmarks.
yeah I'm gonna do what you are doing now. That's pretty much what Im doing ATM I don't even use the D drive at all

Dec 3, 2023
why not go a 7900xt its going to be better than the 4070 super unless RT is you thing
Just always used Nvidia buddy. Is that the sapphire 7900XT ? What makes it better ? Just want to know for performance. I've been told this card with the CPU I'm buying will do really well

The main reason, among others, we ask for your budget and location is so that we can know which website and currency to use. 'Online' does not narrow down or pin point the website we might want to use.

We cant help you if we assume 2700 is in euro instead of say francs or krona or Polish złoty. The same for region/country.

Dec 3, 2023
Hello all. Quick question and really need the advice here. I wanted a 4060 ti but was advised against it because it's 'Hot trash' and can't even achieve 16 GB and advised to go with the 4070 ti.
Since for my builds aesthetics I've decided on the ROG STRIX RTX 4070 SUPER TI it's a beauty of a card and meant to be brilliant.

But this is also 16 GB ? Does this suffer with the same issue as the 4060 ti or is this worth buying ?

I play alot of Counterstrike and want the highest frames I can get. This GPU will be paired with the Ryzen 7 78000X3D

Any humble advice ?

Dec 3, 2023
Hello all. Quick question and really need the advice here. I wanted a 4060 ti but was advised against it because it's 'Hot trash' and can't even achieve 16 GB and advised to go with the 4070 ti.
Since for my builds aesthetics I've decided on the ROG STRIX RTX 4070 SUPER TI it's a beauty of a card and meant to be brilliant.

But this is also 16 GB ? Does this suffer with the same issue as the 4060 ti or is this worth buying ?

I play alot of Counterstrike and want the highest frames I can get. This GPU will be paired with the Ryzen 7 78000X3D

Any humble advice ?
And a Samsung odyssey G7 monitor for 240 FPS and 1440 P gaming

Dec 3, 2023
The main reason, among others, we ask for your budget and location is so that we can know which website and currency to use. 'Online' does not narrow down or pin point the website we might want to use.

We cant help you if we assume 2700 is in euro instead of say francs or krona or Polish złoty. The same for region/country.
GBP buddy

Reactions: Lucky_SLS
Noticed that you had chosen the white AIO cooler. So white themed build i guess?

If you want to spend a bit less:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor (£349.98 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler (£45.85 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B650-A GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard (£185.99 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: ADATA XPG Lancer Blade 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (£106.94 @ NeoComputers)
Storage: Silicon Power XS70 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (£114.99 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Zotac GAMING Trinity OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB Video Card (£807.98 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case: Deepcool CH560 ATX Mid Tower Case (£79.98 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 Snow 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£135.46 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £1827.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-02-13 19:54 GMT+0000

TRENDING THREADS