[SOLVED] New Build and constant freezing during boot screen logo and cannot install Win10Pro

Jul 14, 2019
I cannot get passed the boot logo on my fresh build. To be specific, its always the black screen with the AORUS bird logo and the spinning dots at the bottom. Spins around about 2-3 times before freeze. Ive changed the BIOS with quickboot and boot priority even. Was able to install Windows in safemode, but then after restart, still back to the same issue. I have switched out EVERY part for a replacement of the same thing, to see if there were any defects within each, still the same issue. If anyone can assist with this, that would be super. Ive been building computers for years and never had this issue EVER. Here are my specs:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (5.0 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I99900K Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630

Cooling System: Corsair Hydro Series, H100i RGB PLATINUM SE, 240mm Radiator, Dual LL120 RGB PWM Fans, Advanced RGB Lighting and Fan Control with Software, Liquid CPU Cooler. (CW-9060042-WW)

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 DRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model CMW32GX4M4C3200C16

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 11G-P4-2487-KR, 11GB GDDR6, iCX2 & RGB LED

Storage: SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe 1.3 64L V-NAND 2-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V7P1T0BW

Power Supply: CORSAIR RMx Series RM850x CP-9020180-NA 850W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply

Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB Tempered Glass, Premium ATX Mid Tower Case, White

Please let me know if there is anymore information you would need in order to help me solve this incredibly frustrating issue. Thanks again for your attention, time, and efforts.

Solution
Windows can't be installed in safe mode. Windows is installed in it's own, installation environment. You don't install Windows from within Windows, nor do you install it from within safe mode. You boot to bootable media and it installs from that.

For somebody who has been building computers for years, that ought to be something that doesn't need explained to you.

Are you able to access the BIOS without any trouble? Does the system lock up or restart at all while IN the BIOS, no matter how long you are in the BIOS for?

Have you updated your motherboard to the latest BIOS version available? If not, that would be a good place to start.
Windows can't be installed in safe mode. Windows is installed in it's own, installation environment. You don't install Windows from within Windows, nor do you install it from within safe mode. You boot to bootable media and it installs from that.

For somebody who has been building computers for years, that ought to be something that doesn't need explained to you.

Are you able to access the BIOS without any trouble? Does the system lock up or restart at all while IN the BIOS, no matter how long you are in the BIOS for?

Have you updated your motherboard to the latest BIOS version available? If not, that would be a good place to start.

Solution
Feb 19, 2020
Sounds like someone may be installing legacy windows on UEFI hardware. UEFI is the new form of legacy BIOS, and should be part of a 101 diagnostic now. Just to be sure, I grabbed nearly identical parts, and threw them together since I already had the board and chip on hand for a customer. I made sure to update the BIOS, then I used win10 MCT to create a UEFI install drive, and made sure the BIOS was in UEFI mode as well. I installed windows in just a few minutes without a hitch, threw on some drivers, and had stable testing throughout. I hope this helps, and best of luck friend!

Sounds like someone may be installing legacy windows on UEFI hardware. UEFI is the new form of legacy BIOS, and should be part of a 101 diagnostic now. Just to be sure, I grabbed nearly identical parts, and threw them together since I already had the board and chip on hand for a customer. I made sure to update the BIOS, then I used win10 MCT to create a UEFI install drive, and made sure the BIOS was in UEFI mode as well. I installed windows in just a few minutes without a hitch, threw on some drivers, and had stable testing throughout. I hope this helps, and best of luck friend!

Actually, it really doesn't help. In practically every case where somebody has a problem, fifty other people have done the exact same thing on the exact same hardware without a problem, but one misstep or different piece of hardware might make all the difference in the world. Something that has been done hundreds of times before, even by that person, might suddenly be problematic because there is a piece of faulty hardware or any number of things that might bork the process.

For example. In this case, involving a moderator who is highly knowledgeable and has performed similar processes MANY times before, and has seemingly applied all the correct settings and steps, there is still a problem, much as there is in this case. So just because it worked for you the way it was supposed to doesn't mean it is going to work that way for everybody. If it did, there would be no need for this or any other site like it, to exist.