[SOLVED] New Build - Headphone Jack not working correctly

Steviebh

Honorable
Mar 25, 2014
I've just built myself a new PC and I'm having issues with the front headphone jack.
The auto detection pops up when I plug it in, but sound only comes out of the right earphone.

I have checked the drivers and re-seated the cable to the motherboard but still the same. I've plugged the headphones into the back now and it works fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a faulty case jack as I haven't been impressed so far with this case. (Thermaltake versa C22) I'm having issues with the case LEDs aswel.

Just wanted to see if there was anything else that could be the issue?

Strangely, I've tested the microphone Jack on the front and that doesn't work either,

Last edited:
I've just built myself a new PC and I'm having issues with the front headphone jack.
The auto detection pops up when I plug it in, but sound only comes out of the right earphone.

I have checked the drivers and re-seated the cable to the motherboard but still the same. I've plugged the headphones into the back now and it works fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a faulty case jack as I haven't been impressed so far with this case. (Thermaltake versa C22) I'm having issues with the case LEDs aswel.

Just wanted to see if there was anything else that could be the issue?

Strangely, I've tested the microphone Jack on the front and that doesn't work either,
Working ok from back jacks ?