Question New Build is booting to audio/visual/input glitches, blackscreen, or not at all ?

Aug 31, 2023
Hello everyone, I have recently built a PC from sepatately bought components, and installed Windows 11.

It functioned flawlessly for some time, but after a power outage I booted it up and it was very slow, mouse movement was extremelly laggy and jaggy. This was nonetheless fully resolved by restarting.

After some further time, I transported the PC to other location, where I am now, and the problem became exacerbated, the PC booting up to be slow, with jaggy mouse movement and audio visual glitches, and it would took several restarts before the PC eventually booted up to flawless functioning.

The PC would very often take extremely long time to boot, showing flashing cursor on a black screen, sometimes remaining in a black screen mode indefinitely. There was also orange light coming from a section of the motherboard, I cannot tell if it was by a LED light or overheating.

I tried to solve the issues by updating BIOS, I looked up and downloaded appropriate file on an USB stick, and then went into the Q-Flash while booting, where I updated the BIOS. Afterwards, the PC booted up to flawless functioning, but after restarting some hours later I was again in the same situation. I tried to re-update the BIOS again, but now the PC is stuck in black screen infefinitely when booting up.

Could I please be advised as to what can be a problem, and how to solve it?

My specifications are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Pro B550I AX (bought used, presumably flawlessly functioning),
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (no graphic module),
Graphic card : AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (used),
Memory : G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 2x16GB c16,
SSD disk : WD black SN850X.

EDIT:

PSU : Corsair SF750 Platinum,

GPU is from Sapphire, purchased used (but presumably flawlessly functioning from Galaxus.de).
I installed Windows 11 Superlite from Ghost Spectre.

I did not locate the CMOS, as the Gigabyte manual does not specify its location on the motherboard, but I did check the entirety of the motherboard for any signs of damage, and did not find any.

I have installed the Windows straight away after booting up the system for the first time, which may have been a mistake, as I presumably should have checked BIOS.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to include the make and model of the PSU. You might want to state where you purchased the discrete GPU from as well. Make and model of your case? Did you try and clear the CMOS?

Where did you source the installer for the OS?

Aug 31, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to include the make and model of the PSU. You might want to state where you purchased the discrete GPU from as well. Make and model of your case? Did you try and clear the CMOS?

Where did you source the installer for the OS?
Thank you for the quick reply, I did edit my original question as per your remarks.