[SOLVED] New build/Move a build - need advice

corner26

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
I am really just seeking advice as I have a pretty good sense of what I want/need, what will work. My iffyness comes on the mobos.

Now that we are both working from home, I need to come up with a solution to have two work places, whilst also having the ability to game and build a second PC. This is my idea:

Current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rXcjsk

Case: NZXT Manta
Storage: Sandisk 500gb ssd
Samsung 256gb ssd

I am trying to be budget friendly and keep this whole build relatively cheaper by reusing my system and just upgrading parts.

Her build: Re-use my parts, the mobo/CPU/Memory. Her case (expensive - inwin a1 plus pink. )

My new build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KhfCq3
(to avoid removing the cpu/cooler, I am going to spend a bit on the mobo this way I can just unscrew / drop in her case / screw new one and cpu/cooler in my case.)
Is their a better mobo that would save money on this end?

And this is where I need help.

I can re purpose the following: my PSU for my build (650w gold - full modular), Case NZXT Manta (future upgrade to NZXT 510 elite), GPU 1080.

I need a little guidance from the community since low-end GPU's and Monitors are not my forte.

She will need just a work computer, but I want to give the PC enough power to play the Sims and similar game titles.

What GPU and 2x 27in monitors would work for budget build? Would any cheaper parts work better for my build to spend a little more on her gpu/monitors? I plan on upgrading my GPU from the 1080 to latest in 12 months, so she will absorb that card until it burns out.

Thank you -

Solution
if she will get a 1080 in the following year, you should get a cheap gpu to scrape by for her games in the meanwhile.

no reason to throw out or just not use a good gpu.

get her a 1050 or 1050 ti, its enough for sims or other easy to run games, and can do newer titles on medium to low settings on 1080p at 60 fps.

as for monitors, depends on what she needs. color accurate? 144hz? 1440p? all of them?
if she will get a 1080 in the following year, you should get a cheap gpu to scrape by for her games in the meanwhile.

get her a 1050 or 1050 ti, its enough for sims or other easy to run games, and can do newer titles on medium to low settings on 1080p at 60 fps.

as for monitors, depends on what she needs. color accurate? 144hz? 1440p? all of them?

Solution

corner26

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013

Thank you - for the monitor .... Really none of them, 1080p 60hz should work for sims I'd imagine- something that will allow the recommended 1050 to make the gameplay reliable. I am so use to using a 27' gsync that I am unsure if a standard monitor will do sim like games justice. The 1080 is going to be a massive overkill on that box in 12 months, but that's okay it allows for LAN parties of some fps.