Question New build,no display everything connected correct.

makisrwssos

Honorable
Aug 17, 2018
Hello everyone,
I just set up a new build, everything is connected correctly but I have no display. Below are the things that turn on and the others that don't.
AIO fans are working but the other 3 sets that are on the case spin on the startup and then stop, the RGB on the fans works properly.
The GPU indicator is red and when I press to turn the PC it goes off and everything works as it is supposed to on the GPU side.
The leds on the motherboard for the dbugs are not turning on though, and I don't understand why is that.
The motherboard is brand new, I ve put on the bios update through the USB stick on the back of the mboard and reseted the cmos.
As for the components:
Asus rog strix z790-f gaming wifi
Intel 14700k
32gigs of ram compatible with the mboard
1000w PSU
Asus rog strix 4070ti super
2 m2 drives for storage.( can it be that I have the m2 drives on the wrong connections? there are 4 as shown in the motherboard manual and I put the 2 bottom ones that are close to each other).
The GPU cables are new and everything is connected with the monitor but I have no display like at all.
Thanks a lot for your time.

makisrwssos

Honorable
Aug 17, 2018
Are you plugging the monitor into the motherboard or the GPU? Make sure you are plugging into the GPU. You may try temporarily removing the gpu and plugging into the board for the integrated video to see if everything else is working correctly and go from there.
I tried with both ways and still have the same problem of short. can a single misplaced fan or a small cable from lets say usb3.0 cause some sort of problem in the electrical cycle?

Try pulling the gpu and see if integrated graphics work.

If not you may try to pull the cmos battery with the system unplugged to try to reset the bios settings. Leave the gpu out.

If still no luck you might try breadboarding the system by pulling the board, hook the system board up outside your case and hook up just ram, cpu, and power supply and short the power pins with a screwdriver.

Silly question that came to me as well. You did plug in the cpu power connections on top?

makisrwssos

Honorable
Aug 17, 2018
Try pulling the gpu and see if integrated graphics work.

If not you may try to pull the cmos battery with the system unplugged to try to reset the bios settings. Leave the gpu out.

If still no luck you might try breadboarding the system by pulling the board, hook the system board up outside your case and hook up just ram, cpu, and power supply and short the power pins with a screwdriver.

Silly question that came to me as well. You did plug in the cpu power connections on top?
thanks again for the help yes i plugged Ive plugged one of the two CPU power cables do I need to plug both?
i will try to do the breadboarding method today