Question New build-Post- reboot loop- dram led

Aug 4, 2022
got a new build today

MoBo - Rog strix b550-f gaming

Ryzen 9 5900x

PNY xlr8 DDR4 16gb 3200MHz x2 8gb sticks

GeForce RTX 3060

I keep getting a dram light on the mobo. I did update the bios I have gotten the system to post and to even let me in to update and install drivers after hours of seeing the dram light and it finally letting me in I was shocked. But 1 reboot on the first go and bam it’s back the dram led.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which slots are the sticks of ram populating on the motherboard? Try and clear the CMOS on your motherboard. Power down, disconnect from the wall and display, remoe the CMOS battery and replace it after 30 minutes.

Make and model of your PSU? If the unit's been in service for a while(not brand new) please mention the age of said unit.

Aug 4, 2022
Per my manual they go into B2 and A2 so the second slot and the forth front the CPU.

I did do a cmos reset batter out and screwdriver to the pins as well still no luck.

Iv used two power supply’s to rule that out, 1 brand new evea 750 BP and 1 old (3-5yrs) coasair cx750

Aug 4, 2022
Per my manual they go into B2 and A2 so the second slot and the forth front the CPU.

I did do a cmos reset batter out and screwdriver to the pins as well still no luck.

Iv used two power supply’s to rule that out, 1 brand new evea 750 BP and 1 old (3-5yrs) coasair cx750

Also to add the mobo has what looks like oil residue by the preindtalled am4 mounts. Looks like it went into the dimm area.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you include an image of what you're seeing? What are you using to cool the processor? Swap the sticks tot he other slots and see if that changes anything. Perhaps source(borrow) known working sticks...or one stick and see if that revives your system. Can you get into BIOS? If you can, check and see what BIOS version you're on.

Aug 4, 2022
Can you include an image of what you're seeing? What are you using to cool the processor? Swap the sticks tot he other slots and see if that changes anything. Perhaps source(borrow) known working sticks...or one stick and see if that revives your system. Can you get into BIOS? If you can, check and see what BIOS version you're on.

I have tried swapping the sticks and running only 1 stick in the recommend B2 (second) slot. Somehow I did get 1 post to bios with a single stick in A2 but after 45seconds in the bios system black screened and went back to the dram light being on. I can hear the fans reving as well when the light flashes.

*edit I am using a lurker v240 aio to cool it.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/Eezf0YD

It would let me post the link in the chat but here are some pictures of the board with what looks like the damages.

Aug 4, 2022

Here’s

Aug 4, 2022
Got new ram in today -

G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-28800 DDR4 3600 CL16-19-19-39 1.35V Dual Channel Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-16GVKC

Still receiving dram led. Anyone got any ideas?