Build Advice New build project planned -- help please ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 12, 2024
I'm looking to build a high quality gaming PC that can handle live streaming. I haven't purchased anything yet, i'm just doing a lot of research and i'd like to get your thoughts on the parts below and what i can improve on/if anything is overkill.

I'm located in United States, i'd like to stay under 2K for my budget. I don't have any preferred websites for purchasing parts as this is my 1st PC build and i'm quite new to this.

https://newegg.io/e1162737

Thank you in advance!

CPU: Intel i7-13700K
GPU: RTX 4070 12 GB
Power Supply: CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM850x CP-9020200-NA 850 W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply
SSD: Samsung 1TB
CPU cooler: DeepCool AK620
Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6400 Desktop Memory Model F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RK
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5, Quad M.2, PCIe 5.0, USB 3.2 Gen2X2 Type-C, Intel WiFi 6E, 2.5GbE LAN, Q-Flash Plus, PCIe EZ-Latch

Approximate Purchase Date: as soon as possible!

Budget Range: prefer to stay under 2K

System Usage from Most to Least Important: mostly for gaming and livestreaming but i'd like to use it for my online biz as well which involves lots of excel and large files.

Are you buying a monitor:
I didn't plan on buying one.

Parts to Upgrade: everything, i have no parts. fresh build.

Do you need to buy OS: yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
newegg.com is what i know, not familiar with other part sites

Parts Preferences:
no preference, just want the best parts possible for my budget.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: i'd prefer something is quiet but not required.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I'm tired of console gaming, i'd like to get into PC gaming and i haven't had a good build ever.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024
If you get stuck we are always here! Typically never 'force' anything together. Here is an exhaustive guide video. Make sure that you look up separate videos for the specific parts you are going to be installing like how to install an AMD 7000 CPU with your specific cooler. Typically there are decently made guides that come with individual parts as well!
I was stuck but i figured out what was going wrong. I'm now putting everything in the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: helper800
May 12, 2024
The cpu is the best that you can get.

The GPU is not too bad either:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

more than 120 fps in 1440p ultra settings. If you enable DLSS 3 and G sync, the experience should be smooth.
I've got my PC put together, which settings would you recommend changing in the bios for best performance? I'm going to try to find where to enable DLSS 3 and G sync.

Thank you all for the help!

May 12, 2024
Scroll down to 2. on this page for some images that may illustrate where it would be in the BIOS.

Another good setting to enable would be GPU scheduling in Windows.
okay, i believe i got it enabled. I'll do GPU scheduling next.

My RAM is DDR5-6400 but the DRAM profile configuration setting only has DDR5-4800. I'm assuming that's the one i go with.

and for DRAM frequency i've got it set at DDR5-4800.

okay, i believe i got it enabled. I'll do GPU scheduling next.

My RAM is DDR5-6400 but the DRAM profile configuration setting only has DDR5-4800. I'm assuming that's the one i go with.

and for DRAM frequency i've got it set at DDR5-4800.
You should set XMP/EXPO. The speeds you are referring to above are base JEDEC speeds. It should be in the OC section as a drop down table. Select the speed the RAM is advertised for.

Here is how and why you would want to enable GPU scheduling.

I'm inside the AMD software: Adrenalin Edition and it's showing my GPU spiking from 0 to 100% and i've got nothing running except that program.
GPU usage generally is a refection of clock speed if the clocks are low and it spikes to 100% its not really using 100% of the card. A better indicator of GPU usage is how much power in watts the GPU is reporting while in use. If the GPU use is less than 50w or so it's basically idle even though it may report 100% usage at that lower power usage.

May 12, 2024
ohh okay had me worried for a second, power consumption is fluctuating between 25-50W.

This may be a dumb question, but i'm trying to download drivers on nvidia and i'm selecting my product, type, series, operating system, etc and i'm installing the driver but it's popping up a message saying "No Nvidia GPU is detected on your system. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

ohh okay had me worried for a second, power consumption is fluctuating between 25-50W.

This may be a dumb question, but i'm trying to download drivers on nvidia and i'm selecting my product, type, series, operating system, etc and i'm installing the driver but it's popping up a message saying "No Nvidia GPU is detected on your system. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".
Just to be clear, this is the driver you need from Nvidia.

May 12, 2024
anyone have any idea why audio would be cutting in/out? I'm using bluetooth and it works for a while, then quits. I turn off bluetooth, turn it back on, and the audio starts working again for a bit then cuts out. Possibly a loose wire or something??

Thank you for all your help,

Tanner.

Reactions: TannerH96
May 12, 2024
I have the ASRock B650E PG RIPTIDE WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard
I believe i've got my drivers downloaded but bluetooth devices keep cutting out.

I tested with AirPods (audio kept cutting off then coming back before cutting off again) then i tested my PS4 controller and it kept turning off as well so i'm confident it's a bluetooth problem. If you need any more information from me to help further, let me know.

Any help to resolve this issue would be very much appreciated.

May 12, 2024
I believe i've got my drivers downloaded but bluetooth devices keep cutting out.

I tested with AirPods (audio kept cutting off then coming back before cutting off again) then i tested my PS4 controller and it kept turning off as well so i'm confident it's a bluetooth problem. If you need any more information from me to help further, let me know.

I thought i found the fix but it's back to cutting in and out. I went into the properties on my bluetooth adapter inside "Device Manager" then clicked "power management" and turned off "allow this device to turn off to save power" <-- it said something along those lines.. I thought this fixed my issue but it's back to cutting in and out.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Sorry, I reply to a lot of posts and assumed the mobo in the OP was the one you had but forgot you ended up with that AMD system. Did you attach the antennae that presumably came with the motherboard for the onboard Wi-Fi and BT? Is your case in some kind of enclosure? BT can be finicky because its low power and relatively short range. It is also prone to interference with other similar wireless tech.

Reactions: TannerH96
May 12, 2024
Sorry, I reply to a lot of posts and assumed the mobo in the OP was the one you had but forgot you ended up with that AMD system. Did you attach the antennae that presumably came with the motherboard for the onboard Wi-Fi and BT? Is your case in some kind of enclosure? BT can be finicky because its low power and relatively short range. It is also prone to interference with other similar wireless tech.
no worries, i appreciate how helpful you have been!

& I did not have the antennas attached until you mentioned it, they're on now. I'll check back in if this problem persists.