Question New build shut down randomly(no restart just shut down) - where to start to check for the issue ?

Jan 9, 2021
My pc armed 2 months ago turns off randomly, these were the specific occasions.
-In the first instance playing rocket league (change the installation directory of the game to the disk thought it is a software problem and it did not happen again),
-It happened at the end of a LOL game.
- also happened when the computer was idle with the browser open.
-and it happened again when I clicked on a youtube video.

my pc:
Ryzen 5 5600x
Nvidia 3060ti
GIGABYTE B550M AORUS PRO (micro atx)
2x8 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series
Samsung (MZ-V7E500BW) 970 EVO SSD 500GB
2tb barracuda HDD
Power supply: EVGA 210-GQ-0750-V1 750 GQ, 80+ GOLD 750W
3 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM
3xNoctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM connected to this Fancasee 4-Pin PWM Fan Power Supply Cable 1 to 5 Splitter 5 Way

Phanteks NEON Digital-RGB LED Strip Combo 2X 400mm

I have monitoring software but I don't know if the numbers are acceptable or there is overheating.

Where do I begin?

NOTE1: Before buying the 3060ti, I had a nvidia 750ti installed and the same shutdown incidents happened.

Note2: I disconnected the only reused component, which was a 1tb barracuda hard drive which I had in another pc (I had already formatted it).

Last edited:

Kdolghier

Honorable
Oct 18, 2016
That kinda seems like a power issue to me. I had a similar thing when I realized the power cord to my powersupply had come out a bit. Check to make sure you main Mobo power connection is also tight. Other than that check your mobo is on the most recent firmware.
If it was restarting then I would think it would be an issue with your SSD.

Jan 13, 2021
Hey, I'm having a similar issue with a similar build. Have you gotten any updates?
On my post I ran through a bunch of scenarios but when it starts shutting off randomly, first few things to check are:

1. Event Logger
  2. System Restore to when it started happening and default BIOS settings
  3. Any loose cables, previously used ram
  4. Booting in Safe Mode

Testing the PSU with a known good one would also be a good idea if you can.

If you narrow it down to not being a software issue you can start removing parts of your computer until the shut offs stop happening. I'd start with RAM, GPU, Case fans, Case Headers.

Jan 9, 2021
Hey, I'm having a similar issue with a similar build. Have you gotten any updates?
On my post I ran through a bunch of scenarios but when it starts shutting off randomly, first few things to check are:

1. Event Logger
  2. System Restore to when it started happening and default BIOS settings
  3. Any loose cables, previously used ram
  4. Booting in Safe Mode
Testing the PSU with a known good one would also be a good idea if you can.

If you narrow it down to not being a software issue you can start removing parts of your computer until the shut offs stop happening. I'd start with RAM, GPU, Case fans, Case Headers.
Hello i think i resolve the problem i formatted the computer because i suspect it was software problem.

I feel like it was two possible factors.
1- I have several RGB software and I noticed that it caused me problems with turning them on.
2- when I was installing the software to control the switch control on my pc (betterjoycemu). I had problems between the versions of that software, the screen froze on the installation of the program.

Since I started the computer I have not had any problems.

Hope it helps anyone