[SOLVED] New build wont post

Aug 22, 2020
Hi,
i just built my first PC:
MB - Gigabyte b450m S2h
CPU - R5 2600X
GPU - GTX 1660 super
PSU - bequiet! Pure power 11 600W

After putting everything together the PC wont show anything on the monitor. The HDD light doesn't come on. CPU and PSU and case fans are spinning. There are no beeps from the motherboard even after trying to run it with nothing but the CPU attached. I'm going to try to breadboard it tomorrow to see if it's shorting somewhere on the case.

I tried to clear the CMOS(shorting the pins and removing the battery) but no result.
Also the GPU and ram and HDD work on my other computer so they are not faulty.

Can the motherboard be faulty?

Solution
check ram configuration in manual. Different numbers of sticks and capacities need to be placed in different slots. Sticks in same channel should be identical.

Your mobo does not have the leds i was talking about.

Also make sure your system speaker is connected so u can hear post beeps. The connector is a 4 pin that can go in either direction. It is right above the clear cmos jumper. The pront panel hdd power led and hdd led are located next to the clear cmos opposite the front panel usb connection.

I had this problem on my first build, power with no post no display, my ram wasnt clicked in all the way.
Sep 11, 2020
Hi,
i just built my first PC:
MB - Gigabyte b450m S2h
CPU - R5 2600X
GPU - GTX 1660 super
PSU - bequiet! Pure power 11 600W

After putting everything together the PC wont show anything on the monitor. The HDD light doesn't come on. CPU and PSU and case fans are spinning. There are no beeps from the motherboard even after trying to run it with nothing but the CPU attached. I'm going to try to breadboard it tomorrow to see if it's shorting somewhere on the case.

I tried to clear the CMOS(shorting the pins and removing the battery) but no result.
Also the GPU and ram and HDD work on my other computer so they are not faulty.

Can the motherboard be faulty?

Your mobo might have leds that light up indicating cpu, ram, or video card failure. Open case and power on, look at manual to see if your board has them.

Sep 11, 2020
check ram configuration in manual. Different numbers of sticks and capacities need to be placed in different slots. Sticks in same channel should be identical.

Your mobo does not have the leds i was talking about.

Also make sure your system speaker is connected so u can hear post beeps. The connector is a 4 pin that can go in either direction. It is right above the clear cmos jumper. The pront panel hdd power led and hdd led are located next to the clear cmos opposite the front panel usb connection.

I had this problem on my first build, power with no post no display, my ram wasnt clicked in all the way.

Solution
Sep 11, 2020
It seems my case didn't come with a speaker. I thought the audio cable was for that but now I understand. I have to check if I have one from an old case around.

The post soeaker doesnt connect from case on mine. I think it should come with the mobo. Edit- not from the mobo mine came with my case. Mine plugs into mobo is like 4-5 inches long and has its own speaker at the end.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020
The post soeaker doesnt connect from case on mine. I think it should come with the mobo. Mine plugs into mobo is like 4-5 inches long and has its own speaker at the end.

Just read your manual. Your speaker for post connects from the front of the case. So it should come with your case. I dont see why you couldnt just buy a speaker like mine if your case didnt come with one