Question new built: front usb port not working

duceduc

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2014
Hello. One of the front usb3.0 ports is not working. Windows 11 does not recognize any devices I plug into it. However, if I plug into the neighboring port, it works. I suspect either the case wiring or the usb connector that is on the motherboard is the issue. This is a new built. All hardware are brand new. Nothing install are used. On first boot, I noticed one of the drivers did not installed properly. It is the CP2104 usb to uart bridge. I have since installed it, but devices still are not recognized. What other troubleshooting should I take?

motherboard: Asrock x670E Steel legend
case: MSI MPG Sekira 100P2

Lutfij

Titan

duceduc

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2014
Yes, I have installed latest drivers. Quite strange for the bios updates. Asrock site bios version is higher than that of AMD site. For the CP2104 driver, I suspect Windows tried to install it, but the pc does not recognised it. I've manually browsed the Silicon Labs site for it's driver

Further testing. I have 3 usb sticks. Only one would recognise the drive when plugged into the trouble ports. All other ports (front and back panel), all 3 usb sticks are recognised.

Yes, I have installed latest drivers. Quite strange for the bios updates. Asrock site bios version is higher than that of AMD site. For the CP2104 driver, I suspect Windows tried to install it, but the pc does not recognised it. I've manually browsed the Silicon Labs site for it's driver

Further testing. I have 3 usb sticks. Only one would recognise the drive when plugged into the trouble ports. All other ports (front and back panel), all 3 usb sticks are recognised.
Asrock has own BIOS and that's where you should look for it, BIOS is always specific to particular MB.
You are probably talking about chipset drivers.