Oct 24, 2019
So I recently built a gaming PC (Kinda a noob) and have been having problems with it randomly restarting while gaming.

The only temp problem I found was with the GPU, the temp for fortnite (while in the lobby) at Epic settings the GPU would climb to and sit at 84C. I lowered the settings to "Pro Settings" which is pretty much everything on low and it still got up to 84C. The same thing happened while I was playing CS:GO. I have good airflow in my case, while the temp went up on my GPU I took the side off and put my hand in there and it all seemed to be working just fine. The AIO cooler plus two case fans is what I have for cooling in my build.

I have the most current Nvidia Drivers

I have no overclock on my GPU

I have also tried switching Power Supplies

this is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TWbnQq
I actually have the 550Watt not the 650 Watt

Solution
-It really depends on the case and fan placement. The optimal setup isn't always as cut and dry as it may seem.

-The H500 isn't an airflow focused case - cooling ability is just OK, though. NZXT advertises this and it's sibling cases for a negative pressure setup; adding front intake fans does help, but is weak compared to a strong top and rear exhaust, due to the design of the front panel.

-2060 running at 84C sounds like a straight up bad cooler design.

-120mm AIOs are a pointless product. They really have nothing going for them.
Where is your AIO? You’re better off with more intake than exhaust. Intake will pull cold air in and even without exhaust fans, the air will escape from the case naturally. For your setup I’d place 2 fans in front for intake with one exhaust fan on top and AIO mounted to the rear set to exhaust.

Oct 24, 2019
Where is your AIO? You’re better off with more intake than exhaust. Intake will pull cold air in and even without exhaust fans, the air will escape from the case naturally. For your setup I’d place 2 fans in front for intake with one exhaust fan on top and AIO mounted to the rear set to exhaust.
i have the AIO as an exhaust already, ill try switching the fans around. I took the side plate and aimed a box fan into it and its still running 75C in the fortnite lobby.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-It really depends on the case and fan placement. The optimal setup isn't always as cut and dry as it may seem.

-The H500 isn't an airflow focused case - cooling ability is just OK, though. NZXT advertises this and it's sibling cases for a negative pressure setup; adding front intake fans does help, but is weak compared to a strong top and rear exhaust, due to the design of the front panel.

Solution
Oct 24, 2019

like the setup in my case is the bad cooling design or the GPU just doesn't Dissipate heat that that well. I also have the AIO as an exhaust and doesn't seem to be affecting the CPU temp. This is also the second GPU i have got from this company because the first one was bad out of the box.

Oct 24, 2019
like the setup in my case is the bad cooling design or the GPU just doesn't Dissipate heat that that well. I also have the AIO as an exhaust and doesn't seem to be affecting the CPU temp. This is also the second GPU i have got from this company because the first one was bad out of the box.
also on Bios 3.20 which is the first version that supports the 3rd gen chipset

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's just another example of companies cutting too many corners on their budget gpu options.
A 2060 isn't THAT power hungry, nor is your case strained for airflow; bad cooler design.

That said, what are your cpu temps like?

also on Bios 3.20 which is the first version that supports the 3rd gen chipset
Well the newer bioses have updates for Ryzen 3000 boost clocks - enough people complained(understandably so) about these chips not hitting the advertised clocks, and the fix appears to have done the job...
But they run warmer now due to the higher Vcore settings that have been implemented.

Oct 24, 2019
It's just another example of companies cutting too many corners on their budget gpu options.
A 2060 isn't THAT power hungry, nor is your case strained for airflow; bad cooler design.

That said, what are your cpu temps like?

Well the newer bioses have updates for Ryzen 3000 boost clocks - enough people complained(understandably so) about these chips not hitting the advertised clocks, and the fix appears to have done the job...
But they run warmer now due to the higher Vcore settings that have been implemented.
My CPU temps stay around 45c never seen them go much higher than that.

TRENDING THREADS