Question New computer build: What graphic card?

TiluChris

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2014
Following the expected (but-not-so-fast-grrrrr...) death of one of my computers, I need to build up a new one. However, timing is the worst possible as I have just rebuilt my main computer for a sky high budget! If I want to keep peace at home, I should better keep the buget for the 2nd computer rather... huh... low compared to the other one... :rolleyes:

I have chosen for now (because I can get both for less than 100 euro each):
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 X
- MB: Gygabite B550 Aorus Elite AX V2

I keep my PSU unchanged: Corsair RM850X as well as my casing Fractal Pop XL.

I have two questions:
- GPU: I was thinking about going for a RX 6600 XT because here where I live, I can get either the Gygabite or the MSI ones for prices around 500 euro, what would be OK.
Would that be a good enough option? Or do I have alternatives that would give better performances within such budget?
- DDR4 RAM: What should I take to help the performances?

Thanks in advance for advise.

Following the expected (but-not-so-fast-grrrrr...) death of one of my computers, I need to build up a new one. However, timing is the worst possible as I have just rebuilt my main computer for a sky high budget! If I want to keep peace at home, I should better keep the buget for the 2nd computer rather... huh... low compared to the other one... :rolleyes:

I have chosen for now (because I can get both for less than 100 euro each):
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 X
- MB: Gygabite B550 Aorus Elite AX V2

I keep my PSU unchanged: Corsair RM850X as well as my casing Fractal Pop XL.

I have two questions:
- GPU: I was thinking about going for a RX 6600 XT because here where I live, I can get either the Gygabite or the MSI ones for prices around 500 euro, what would be OK.
Would that be a good enough option? Or do I have alternatives that would give better performances within such budget?
- DDR4 RAM: What should I take to help the performances?

Thanks in advance for advise.
That should be fine for 1080p gaming,just ad 2x8 GB of 3600MHz RAM.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

TiluChris

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2014
Unbelievable... Based on what you said, I checked for a RX7800 XT in same shop, and you're right, it's sold for same price - even a bit lower - than the RX6600... Crazy! Would that not be too much for the Ryzen 5 5600X?

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead