ryanlam003

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Ok, so I have recently built my 1st computer and all my fans work and I was really exited.But when I plugged in my computer to my monitor it showed up with an America Megatrends page that displayed all my computer specs. Then it says that my CMOS has failed. It then says to reboot and put in a boot device. Whenever I try to put in an OS cd my dvd reader won't open up, and I can't use a flash drive with ubuntu because the display fails when I insert the drive. I have already tried to reset the CMOS but it doesn't help. Please help me either fix my dvd reader my problem with everything. Thanks in advance.=D

My mobo is the Biostar A880GZ if that help with the bios or something. just btw.

Solution
All it means is that your motherboard has failed. It's telling you the CMOS chip on it has failed. You might try powering down and resetting the CMOS to see if that fixes it, but I doubt it will. You clear the CMOS by removing the CMOS battery and jumpering the pins on the Clear CMOS Header. (pg 16 in your manual)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
All it means is that your motherboard has failed. It's telling you the CMOS chip on it has failed. You might try powering down and resetting the CMOS to see if that fixes it, but I doubt it will. You clear the CMOS by removing the CMOS battery and jumpering the pins on the Clear CMOS Header. (pg 16 in your manual)

Solution

ryanlam003

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012

I've already tried that, but maybe I'm doing it wrong? I can take out and put back the battery and I can move the cap for the CMOS to pins 1/2 then to 2/3 then back to 1/2. Please help! :(