Question New computer is dead?

May 20, 2019
Hi there,

So I built my first computer with a friend who has some experience building, but I'm having some issues with it already.

Parts list is in this link:
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/8tQ7QZ
(I did buy a 2600 instead of the 2600x as I heard I just have to overclock it)
(also got a different monitor as hdmi on original one only supports 60hz )

Very frequently, when I go to turn on my computer, the fans spin and the lights turn on but I get no signal to my monitors. Also, when I'm gaming, even with nothing running in the back (besides discord) they often freeze upon alt tabbing (windowed full screen has gotten me better results but I feel like it shouldn't have any issues even in full screen). When it freezes, it often comes with a buzzing noise and then my monitors turn black. Sometimes it will turn back on with the game or application closed, other times it will just turn off. All parts are new and I'm really not sure why this is happening.

I have set my processor back to stock speeds, and my ram is set to 3200 as it's the speed it should be running at, but computer still freezes and won't start up till I try many times.

ANY help is appreciated!!

May 20, 2019
Also do you know if my ram is supposed to be in slots 1/3 or 2/4? My friend and I weren't able to figure it out so I have it in 1/3 right now. Also doing the CMOS reset atm.

May 20, 2019
Okay it turned on, but didn't see anything on the monitors so I unplugged/replugged them and got the bios screen, then the windows screen and then nothing after that

May 20, 2019
Okay so new info. Tried turning it off and on after the repair, didn't work so I checked all the connections, still nothing. I finally switched the ram to 1 and 3 slots and started booting again. No clue why but it's gone all the way to windows and booted normally.

*Edit: Apparently the Ryzen 5 2600 only supports up to 2933Mhz speeds, which my ram was set to 3200Mhz so maybe thats why it was having problems during alt tabbing? Not sure if it has anything to do with the booting issue tho

Edit 2: not booting anymore, might have to take it to a technician to get it figured out

Last edited: