NEW computer, problem!

thenvidia

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
So i just upgraded my computer to : asrock b85m pro3// 8 gb ram// gtx 1050//i5 4460. My monitor is and old one with VGA adapter. My friend helped me built the new pc but we couldn't solve one problem: when we wanted to work the monitor from the graphic card, it showed us black screen, as it didn't get any power or something like that.. We have a Roline adapter DisplayPort-DVI M/F (cabel) and a DVI-VGA adapter but neither of them helped us. The monitor works from the integrated graphic card (intel hd 4600)

Solution
That is probably because 1050 has DVI-D ports, not DVI-I (check GPU manual to be sure). DVI-D port will not give you display on VGA monitor when using standard DVI-VGA adapters. You need active adapter DVI-D to VGA for that (and they are not always 100% solution).
That is probably because 1050 has DVI-D ports, not DVI-I (check GPU manual to be sure). DVI-D port will not give you display on VGA monitor when using standard DVI-VGA adapters. You need active adapter DVI-D to VGA for that (and they are not always 100% solution).

Solution

thenvidia

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

So you mean the simple DVI-VGA adapter and the Displayport-DVI adapter (which is active) is useless?

thenvidia

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

i maybe understand now, try to tell to my friend,too , thanks your effort!: )