[SOLVED] New first build - Random blue screens (BSOD)

May 21, 2021
Hello from Brazil, I'm Matt. How are you?
I just build my first pc and after i installed windows i keep getting blue screens after a while, different codes.

BUILD
CPU: Ryzen 5 3500x
Motherboard: Asrock B550M Pro4
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16gb (2x8gb 3000mhz)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 7200RPM
Storage: KingDian M2 Nvme 510 GB
GPU: Asus RTX 3060 Tuf Gaming
PSU: XPG Core Reactor, 850W, 80 Plus Gold Modular

HERE WHAT I TRIED:

FIRST TIME

Installed Windows PRO (Got the
Updated Windows and drivers
Installed latest mobo's chipset drive
Installed latest gpu's drive
BSOD
Restarted PC
after a while
BSOD
(here are a few errors:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION,
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA,
ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY,
KERNEL_HEAP_CORRUPTION)
and then I gave up and when to bed.

SECOND TIME

Reformatted and installed Windows Home
Updated Windows and drivers
Installed latest mobo's chipset drive
Installed latest gpu's drive
Updated BIOS version from 1.20 to 1.90
Random BSOD
Tried sfc /scannow and /chkdsk
More BSOD

I think, maybe, its the memory but i have checked its compatibility and its fine. https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/?compatible_with=cfqhP6
Both times i trid windows update said everything is up to date and every driver.

Can someone help me, please?

Solution
  1. Computer components are especially sensible to ESD discharge and assembling one without making any attempts to even out any static electricity to ground may be harmful to the components.
  2. That's good.
  3. Mobo should be able to take normal force that requires to insert ram stick. From what you write, this part sounds fine.
Hi Matt.

In order to test RAM, you need a proper tool for that. The tool I've being used is called Memtest. There are an official variant, and there is another variant that ships with most Linux distros - I use the latter.
Let the test run overnight to be more confident on the result.

Just for the sake of trying : Se if it help if you disconnect the hdd.

May 21, 2021
Hi Matt.

In order to test RAM, you need a proper tool for that. The tool I've being used is called Memtest. There are an official variant, and there is another variant that ships with most Linux distros - I use the latter.
Let the test run overnight to be more confident on the result.

Just for the sake of trying : Se if it help if you disconnect the hdd.

Hey, Grobe. Thanks for answering.

So, i was planning on doing that but then i got a different RAM from a friend. One stick, HyperX Fury, 8GB, 2666MHz. I tried using it on the first spot and got BSOD after a while and then i gave it a try using on the second spot and BSOD again.
I'm assuming its not the corsair RAM the problem them, right?
I will try turning it on without the hdd.

InvalidError

Titan
I really dont know what to do.
First thing I would do before even attempting to install Windows on a new system is run memtest86+ for 10+ hours to be reasonably confident that there are no memory issues.

If you installed Windows without testing RAM first, there is a chance your BSODs are caused by flaky memory corrupting your install from the start.

Reactions: Grobe
May 21, 2021
First thing I would do before even attempting to install Windows on a new system is run memtest86+ for 10+ hours to be reasonably confident that there are no memory issues.

If you installed Windows without testing RAM first, there is a chance your BSODs are caused by flaky memory corrupting your install from the start.
Hey, so I ran Memtest86+ and nothing.
So, its no the RAM.

FbBY6MC.jpg

May 21, 2021
I downloaded Blue Screen Viewer and as you can see it BSOD a bunch of times while I was making this post and trying to upload the dump file so i gave up.
I forgot to say but besides BSOD, it also freezes sometimes

otyaNBb.png

Random questions :
  • What measurements did you take in order to prevent ESD when handling the component during assembling ?
  • Have you used stand-offs under the motherboard?
  • Did you install RAM and CPU after the motherboard was mounted in the cabinet, and did you have to use force to make the component sit in place ?

May 21, 2021
Random questions :
  • What measurements did you take in order to prevent ESD when handling the component during assembling ?
  • Have you used stand-offs under the motherboard?
  • Did you install RAM and CPU after the motherboard was mounted in the cabinet, and did you have to use force to make the component sit in place ?

1. None, its my first build. :/
  2. Yes, the ones that comes with the cabinet.
  3. I installed CPU and RAM before mouting the mobo in the cabinet but i have switch the ram's spots after and used a different stick. I might have forced a bit to put the RAM back in place when I was changing the spots and stuff.

Do you think I might have damaged the mobo?

1. Computer components are especially sensible to ESD discharge and assembling one without making any attempts to even out any static electricity to ground may be harmful to the components.
  2. That's good.
  3. Mobo should be able to take normal force that requires to insert ram stick. From what you write, this part sounds fine.

Solution