Question New GPU not posting!

AngelofDeth28

Commendable
Jan 26, 2020
I bought a GTX 1080 off of eBay for my new PC build and I found it will not post while the fan spins.
I used my old CPU (R3 3200g) in my new mobo to dl windows and update my bios successfully.
After which I chose to put my old GTX 1060 3gb in and it posted on it with display.

After that I went and installed my new GTX 1080 on the board plugged into its HDMI port. Which is where I ran into problems. Basically the fan will spin, it seems
like it does give a signal to my monitor after about 2 minutes, however it will only show it's on HDMI and is just a black screen and sometimes seem
to into a sleep mode and will turn off my mouse and keyboards RGB lighting and will cycle back to the black screen without a no signal to monitor pop-up.
If I plug my HDMI cord into the motherboard it won't show a picture either which means the PCE is focused.

After investigating, I believe the 8 pin connector may not be working. My PSU has two 6+2 connectors. I connected both snuggly.
The only culprits I can think of right now are the GPU itself and the PSU.

It's just my 1060 works but my new 1080 doesn't. Weird. Any help would be great.
PNY GTX 1080(new card with issue)
asus GTX 1060 3gb (old card that works)
Ryzen 3 3200g(Old CPU for Bios Update)
Ryzen 5 5500 (New CPU)
2x8 RAM 3200mhz
EVGA 500w 80+ PSU

AngelofDeth28

Commendable
Jan 26, 2020
6+2 is fine. You bought of ebay you know the history of the GPU?
Alright. The description reads
"In great condition, used for workstation PCs, used very lightly. PNY NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X Graphics Card." So it was used in multiple computers or/and maybe a crypto miner. There's not much left of any history of the card.
The seller seems reputable, he's sold 15 of the same card.
He reached out to me when I wrote feedback to me offering to help with my issue but he isn't so sure cause.

Here is the exact ended item listing.

AngelofDeth28

Commendable
Jan 26, 2020
At the end of the day it is a used GPU with no guarantee it will work unless you have some return policy with the seller!
There's probably no return policy because it is international but the seller mentioned I my be able to return the card so he can find the issue. I think I'll just have a shop where I am to look at it on a different rig. Maybe I'll need a new PSU. Thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS