[SOLVED] new gpu wont display[solved]

truejaz

Reputable
Dec 6, 2017
Hello friends, I recently decided to upgrade my GPU and purchased the powercolor rx 5700 xt red devil To replace the old RX 480.
I plugged in the new card and turned on the computer. The computer worked and even went into Windows I heard the "Welcome to Windows" sound, But without display at any BOOT stage... By the way it looks the card itself works when you turn on the computer the fans and lights of the GPU work
The monitor is connected with a DP cable And I tried every DP Connection on the card and there is no display

Things I've tried to do so far (That did not help )
1.Complete deletion of video card drivers and softwareׁׁ(Used amd cleanup utility )
2.I updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest version
3.I screamed into a pillow

HARDWERE
ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING
G.SKILL FLAREX DDR4 2400Hz 8x2
ryzen 7 1700
rx 480 8g
evga 750 gq

Operating System
windows 7 ultimate SP1
And I'm not sure if it matters but my monitor is a gigabyte m27q

I would greatly appreciate any advice and help that would help me fix the problem before the 10th 😉

Solution
Update 2: After the drivers have been updated the DP connection works. I guess that's all that was needed to
plug in the card in HDMI and install drivers and update them and that's it

You are using windows 7 sp1, is there a reason you are not using windows 10?

Try the GPU in another system and see if the dp works. If it doesn't, RMA the card.
I do not like Windows 10
Thanks anyway the problem was solved

truejaz

Reputable
Dec 6, 2017
Update: I reconnected the card and again did not get a display I disconnected the DP cable and connected an HDMI cable and it works!!!! I have a display now I just need to understand why the DP does not work

truejaz

Reputable
Dec 6, 2017
Update 2: After the drivers have been updated the DP connection works. I guess that's all that was needed to
plug in the card in HDMI and install drivers and update them and that's it

You are using windows 7 sp1, is there a reason you are not using windows 10?

Try the GPU in another system and see if the dp works. If it doesn't, RMA the card.
I do not like Windows 10
Thanks anyway the problem was solved

Reactions: dotas1
Solution