[SOLVED] New graphics card low fps

Nov 25, 2019
I just moved and i got my old computer out of storage and when i tried to turn it on for the first time it froze... I restarted it then it just wouldn't appear back on the monitor. Tried cleaning everything nothing worked. So i deiced to just get new everything. Old computer specs were i5 7400 3.00ghz with nvida 1050ti as my graphics car. My main game i play on my computer is League of Legends which i was getting on the old specs well over 150 fps. So went and bought a new case for my cpu Corsair 220t RGB a new graphics card
MSI - GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card i also bought a new processor Intel - Core i5-9400F Six-Core 2.9 GHz Desktop Processor without Graphics I also purchaed a new motherboard Gigabyte Z390 UD LGA 1151 ATX Intel Motherboard so after getting all that and building the new pc i tried to run league and i'm getting max 50 FPS that's just on medium setting on my old pc i was able to play with everything on high and well over 100+ fps. Also forgot to mention i do have 16gb of ram as well. I'm just trying to figure out what is going on because I've tried installing new drives changing the power options on the graphics card nothing has worked.

Do you have your monitor plugged into the graphics card or the motherboards video output? If its the motherboards you need to move your cable to the graphics card.

Also did you reinstall Windows or simply swap the hardrives? If it was a swap you need to reinstall windows fully on a system upgrade like this to ensure no issues, other wise its next to impossible to figure out the issue.

Nov 25, 2019
Do you have your monitor plugged into the graphics card or the motherboards video output? If its the motherboards you need to move your cable to the graphics card.

Also did you reinstall Windows or simply swap the hardrives? If it was a swap you need to reinstall windows fully on a system upgrade like this to ensure no issues, other wise its next to impossible to figure out the issue.

Everything is plugged into the graphics card. I have two monitors but even when i unplugged one the problem was still the same low fps on league. I did reinstall windows as well.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Update motherboard drivers for PCI-e and all items in device manager? I've actually seen where an outdated driver or one installed by Windows actually hinders performance, but this was many years ago.

Outside of that, certain that power cables are connected to GPU and to motherboard?

Check to see if the issue is CPU or GPU bound. Benchmark Prime95 while watching HWInfo to see if your core speed throttles under load.

Then run a GPU benchmark like Uniengine Heaven and keep an eye on FPS and temps.

This should help narrow down where your issue lies.