New laptop, after just few hours, shows battery design capacity not same full charge capacity. Normal?

Jun 26, 2019
I've got a new laptop that's only been used for about 3 hours. Shows full charge capacity as 48868 and design capacity as 48944. The battery is 48W battery. Is this normal?

(I didn't check when first turning on, so, not sure came from factory like that)

TIA!

Ralston18

Titan
So what do those values of 48868 and 48944 truly mean? May be more related to marketing than technical performance. Read the fine print.....

I would expect that the "48" prefix could be a voltage reference. Then the 944 and 868 would be some sliding scale indicating battery power status.

Design capacity is one thing. Actually being able to reach that capacity is another. Many such things have some plus or minus tolerances.

Make and model laptop?

Specs?

Do you have the laptop's User Guide/Manual?

If so, check the battery related sections and refer to any troubleshooting procedures therein.

No need to immediately do some "fix". First try to discover if there is indeed a problem, what that problem may be, and then determine possible solutions.

Jun 26, 2019
Info is in HWMonitor.

The numbers are mWh. Sorry, thought that would be understood. There are 3 numbers that show "Designed capacity" "Full charge capacity" and "Current capacity". They've always been reliable in the past on other notebooks.

It's SF-314-56G.