Question New laptop with ryzen 3 3300u 60C idle temp , normal?

lastwood79

Honorable
Apr 16, 2018
i got brand new laptop HP 245 g7 with ryzen 3 3300u when i check the radeon software , it show the GPU/APU idle temp around 60-70C (avarage 62c) also the ssd temp 60C using crystaldiskinfo , is this normal for idle temp? i never have had experience with amd before , this is my first amd laptop should i worry about it?
do i need laptop stand for better air circulation? i dont gaming though also i kinda worry it will attract more dust inside the laptop if use laptop stand..i need advice whether should i buy laptop stand or not?

my room temp is about 30c and 28-29 at night

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
i got brand new laptop HP 245 g7 with ryzen 3 3300u when i check the radeon software , it show the GPU/APU idle temp around 60-70C (avarage 62c) also the ssd temp 60C using crystaldiskinfo , is this normal for idle temp? i never have had experience with amd before , this is my first amd laptop should i worry about it?
do i need laptop stand for better air circulation? i dont gaming though also i kinda worry it will attract more dust inside the laptop if use laptop stand..i need advice whether should i buy laptop stand or not?

thanks in advance

That sounds fairly high for idle, however looking at the laptop it is a thin model - my guess is they have tuned the fan profile to reduce noise. You can probably play around with the fan settings to reduce temps (at the cost of more noise), although 60 - 70C is perfectly safe for the cpu which is probably why HP have set it up like that.

Note this isn't anything to do with the AMD processor specifically, the temps / fan curves are down to the laptop manufacturer.

Sep 30, 2021

thanks in advance
I have the same laptop model and my cpu temps at idle never reach 50c while i am playing light games my cpu temp reaches 60c-65c while i am playing games like genshin impact (in lowest with 60 fps and anti aliasing-TAA) it reaches 75c (80c at high settings).

Sep 30, 2021

thanks in advance
And try limiting your power to cpu it may help(but prepare for a bit of frame loss while playing). If that won't work your can buy a laptop cooler it many help to decrease 5c-10c.

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
With the years passing by, the laptops come even more thin and thats a problem to get better cooling. With that room temp is not easy to get good temps but 70º in idle is alot to a such low tdp processor. I've got an AMD that makes 6w to 12w and in idle with 27º room temp it gets 39º, sometimes less.