New Mac Ad Attacks Entire Windows Lineage

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Apple is NOT jealous of Microsoft, lightsaber. I have finally seen the light and moved over to Mac and you know what, I'm even running both operating systems. From personal experience, Mac set up my wireless network in under 5 minutes. Microsoft took me quite a bit longer due to all of the clicks to get to the section I needed. As for the most recent Windows 7 commercial it's bs just like all the other operating systems Microsoft has come up with. As soon as they fix everything they messed up and the system becomes stable (a.k.a. 98 and XP) they come up with another piece of crop software to compete with APPLE, and the fail at it. I have never used a Mac prior to this and now will never go back to PC ever again. Everything is simpler cleaner and smarter. PCs suck.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]Elorea[/nom]Apple is NOT jealous of Microsoft, lightsaber. I have finally seen the light and moved over to Mac and you know what, I'm even running both operating systems. From personal experience, Mac set up my wireless network in under 5 minutes. Microsoft took me quite a bit longer due to all of the clicks to get to the section I needed. As for the most recent Windows 7 commercial it's bs just like all the other operating systems Microsoft has come up with. As soon as they fix everything they messed up and the system becomes stable (a.k.a. 98 and XP) they come up with another piece of crop software to compete with APPLE, and the fail at it. I have never used a Mac prior to this and now will never go back to PC ever again. Everything is simpler cleaner and smarter. PCs suck.[/citation]

Your comments will have validity when you can use your OSX (legally) on as many hardware configurations as you can with Windows and Linux.

Apple won't allow that though. Kind of sad really, how you are told what you can and can't do with something you paid for...

Are you sure you weren't blinded when you "saw the light"?

mrmez

Splendid
I find it hilarious that Mac has such a small market share (albeit growing rapidly), yet this tiny insignificant percentage gets users wound up into such a rage.

The bottom line is, both systems have clear advantages and disadvantages. Depending on who you are, one system may make overwhelming sense.

For work (office stuff and photography), i wont use anything other than a mac. For games and other things i wont touch a mac.

Lets face it. Some people want a 6L v8, others will be happy with a 3L turbo. They are both going to get you there.

bob_vicktor

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]I wonder if Apple fans realize what this type of attack makes them look like... cuz Im sure that none of those iterations of Windows ever influenced ANY of apple's design choices... no, none of them....... dicks.[/citation]

It goes both ways. I admit that some of OS X's more recent features have been inspired by Windows, but what about the other way around? Aero? That has NO resemblance to OSX whatsoever. What about the GUI in general, or mouse pointer, etc.? It is a two way relationship that has a long history, and if you don't know that history you don't have any room to talk about what is happening now.

[citation][nom]lightsaber[/nom]Apple is just jealous of Microsoft....everyone knows if it was not for the Ipod Apple would be a non-factor today. All hail Microsoft!!![/citation]

The same is true here as well. If it weren't for Apple, Microsoft wouldn't be what they are today. A good portion of their early software was for the Mac. If it wasn't for Apple, they might not have survived long enough to even release Windows, and where would that leave us?

The point is, both companies need the other to survive. Competition is what helps companies come up with the new ideas that make them successful. It is probably pointless to ask, but can't you guys just realize this and put aside the hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.