Jun 28, 2024
Good day,
To keep things short, some context is the PC was fine before changing monitor...

So I bought a new Monitor. Dell Alienware AW2725DF

The PC will only boot while the monitor is plugged into the DP on the Motherboard.

When plugging the monitor into any of the GPU DP slots, the mobo reads 9C on the q-code.

Thinking it was driver related, I have uninstalled all my NVIDIA drivers using DDU and reinstalled them.

ANY help is needed, and appreciated. Thanks

Things I have tried:
1. Uninstall and reinstall graphics drivers using DDU
2. Uninstalled all current monitor drivers. + Installed newest monitor firmware M3B103. and installed monitor drivers from dell website.
3. Confirmed another monitor works in the GPU. HDMI Slot + DP slots
4. Tried 2 different DP cables
5. Confirmed issue is only when this monitor is plugged into any GPU DP slot. PC boots as normal when this monitor is plugged into the MOBO DP slot.
6. Attempted to boot PC with upstream USB installed & uninstalled. No difference, gets code 9C regardless if cable is plugged? (I dont know how upstream works, it said I had to plug to perform the Firmware Update)
7. Once PC is started with this monitor in MOBO DP slot, I am able to switch the cable from the MOBO to the GPU no problems at all. no issues. nothing funky.

Hardware:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3D
MOBO: ASUS ROG B650E-E
RAM: 16GBx2 Corsair Dominator 6000mhz (running at 5600mhz because of previous post issues) so no issues @ 5600mhz
GPU: NVIDIA ASUS ROG 3080ti

If you can think of anything, please let me know.

I am currently having to boot the pc with this monitor in the MOBO port. & once the pc is fully started, I can switch the cable to the GPU and go about the day.

Please help

Good day,
To keep things short, some context is the PC was fine before changing monitor...

So I bought a new Monitor. Dell Alienware AW2725DF

The PC will only boot while the monitor is plugged into the DP on the Motherboard.

When plugging the monitor into any of the GPU DP slots, the mobo reads 9C on the q-code.

Thinking it was driver related, I have uninstalled all my NVIDIA drivers using DDU and reinstalled them.

ANY help is needed, and appreciated. Thanks

Things I have tried:
1. Uninstall and reinstall graphics drivers using DDU
2. Uninstalled all current monitor drivers. + Installed newest monitor firmware M3B103. and installed monitor drivers from dell website.
3. Confirmed another monitor works in the GPU. HDMI Slot + DP slots
4. Tried 2 different DP cables
5. Confirmed issue is only when this monitor is plugged into any GPU DP slot. PC boots as normal when this monitor is plugged into the MOBO DP slot.
6. Attempted to boot PC with upstream USB installed & uninstalled. No difference, gets code 9C regardless if cable is plugged? (I dont know how upstream works, it said I had to plug to perform the Firmware Update)
7. Once PC is started with this monitor in MOBO DP slot, I am able to switch the cable from the MOBO to the GPU no problems at all. no issues. nothing funky.

Hardware:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3D
MOBO: ASUS ROG B650E-E
RAM: 16GBx2 Corsair Dominator 6000mhz (running at 5600mhz because of previous post issues) so no issues @ 5600mhz
GPU: NVIDIA ASUS ROG 3080ti

If you can think of anything, please let me know.

I am currently having to boot the pc with this monitor in the MOBO port. & once the pc is fully started, I can switch the cable to the GPU and go about the day.

Please help
Go to BIOS and check if PCIe is selected as default insted of IPU.

Jun 28, 2024
Go to BIOS and check if PCIe is selected as default insted of IPU.
Thanks for reply! So I have confirmed default is PCIe

Things I have tried since :

1. Format windows drive, (no more OS, force goes straight to BIOS)
1a. Bios reflash again (version 2613) already previously running 2613
2. Tried the monitor in a display port on another build entirely ( works fine, and boots as normal, as any monitor should)
3. Removed USB headers from mobo and attempt to boot. Nothing
4. Removed 2nd RAM stick, only using 1 stick in A2
5. Disable USB legacy support and XHCI handoff
6. Unseated and reseated GPU and cables

Jun 28, 2024
Seeing as 9C is a USB error what all do you have connected through USB?

It's possible there's some sort of really weird incompatibility going on with something there.
Currently no USB devices plugged. Only Keyboard is plugged to navigate bios. Confirmed will still code 9C even with keyboard unplugged.(No USB completely)

Jun 28, 2024
Monitor plugs in and works just fine in my wife’s build. I’m confused what could be causing the issue when everything is factory reset on my pc. Seems like a hardware issue now

Jun 28, 2024
Also ; after deleting OS from drives.

With monitor plugged into MOBO DP, PC will no longer post into bios anymore. Q-code reads d6. No GPU detected?! How is that possible?

However, again, with any other monitor in any other port; PC will post into bios no issues

TRENDING THREADS