Question New motherboard, infinite restarting 7 secs after turning on

Mar 1, 2019
Hello, my friend replaced his old motherboard with a new "MSI Z390-A Pro" but after plugging everything in and starting it, it boots up for around 7 seconds before stopping and trying again.

We noticed the "EZ Debug LED" lights, and we can see that it successfully gets past the CPU, but a few seconds after the RAM light is on, all lights turn off and the CPU light flashes once, then it restarts. I have read this indicates that it can't properly detect supported RAM, but am not 100% sure.

We have tried putting either RAM sticks in all slots alone or together, even going so far as to clean the connectors with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol, but no difference. I also brought over my own RAM and put it in but the same thing happens.

Other things we have already tried:
  • Swapping the GPU with a different one (GTX 970 4GB)
  • Moving the graphics card to the other slot
  • Removing the motherboard to make sure it is placed properly in the case
  • Disconnecting the HDD, SSD and ODD drive
  • Insuring the small pins like power switch and reset switch are properly placed

I have only experienced an issue like this once before with my own PC, but I don't remember how I fixed it.

ANY ideas/help will be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
PSU: Coolermaster B700 v2
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
MB: MSI Z390-A Pro
RAM: 2x4gb DDR4
HDD: 1TB
SSD: 250GB
CPU: i5-6700

Picture of EZ Debug LED lights in different stages from start to finish (google drive shareable links):
Before turning on
stage 1 - CPU light on
stage 2 - CPU light off, DRAM light on
stage 3 - DRAM light turns off (all off now)
stage 4 - CPU light flashes briefly before shutdown and computer restarts, cycling through these motions forever.

Mar 1, 2019
So, it turned out that the person who sold the motherboard to my friend was wrong about it being compatible with the CPU. My friend bought a new CPU and now it works perfectly!