New Motherboard upgrade

Suddenlay

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
Hi
I am looking for a new motherboard that can support DDR4.
Any suggestions?

my current specs are

Motherboard MSI z87-g43 gaming.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 cores, 8 Logic processor.

ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 ROG STRIX OC.

Cooler Master V850, 850W PSU

Kingston DDR3 HyperX Beast 8GB
Kingston HyperX Gen DDR3-1600 DC - 8GB

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 120mm

Solution
If you're thinking of dropping your Haswell refresh CPU onto a board that supports DDR4, you're out of luck. If not, what is the rest of your build looking like? Where are you located and how much have you allocated towards your board/build? You will need to look into higher spec'd rams if you are dealing with AMD's Ryzen or the mid range platform from Intel.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're thinking of dropping your Haswell refresh CPU onto a board that supports DDR4, you're out of luck. If not, what is the rest of your build looking like? Where are you located and how much have you allocated towards your board/build? You will need to look into higher spec'd rams if you are dealing with AMD's Ryzen or the mid range platform from Intel.

Solution

Suddenlay

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017

my current specs are

Motherboard MSI z87-g43 gaming.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 cores, 8 Logic processor.

ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 ROG STRIX OC.

Cooler Master V850, 850W PSU

Kingston DDR3 HyperX Beast 8GB
Kingston HyperX Gen DDR3-1600 DC - 8GB

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 120mm

Lutfij

Titan
Yeah, no chance in hell you're finding a board that supports that processor and allows DDR4 to drop in. At the time of Haswell and the refresh DDR4 wasn't in existence nor would the memory controller on the die understand what do with DDR4 ram even if you gave it to him/her(how have you).

Suddenlay

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017

Are there a motherboard, ram´s and a processor you would suggest?
that ofc supports my build
My case is a Corsair Graphite 760T Big Tower

Suddenlay

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017

Im a big time gamer, and i also program, video editing and a coder, so i spend alot of time on my PC with music, games and heavy programs.
Im located in Denmark, so not sure u will know any sites i can use hah xD
Anyways for budget, around 1000 usd, in total. But im not to locked in about it. So suggestions would be awesome.