Question New PC build is not working as expected ?

Newbey

Commendable
Dec 1, 2019
Hello, I have just received all the parts to build a new PC and when I put everything together a few problems came up. When I finally managed to get bios installed on my PC and i turned it on, it just continued to restart in a loop. First it would boot up, eventually it would open up bios, but after it opened it closed 5 seconds later and restarted the entire process over and over again. I have tried moving my ram slots, taking a ram stick out, taking both out, removing my GPU, restarting my CMOS (to clarify i don't know if i did it correctly or not, i think i did). I also don't know if my BIOS was installed correctly, normally on my motherboard a led light should flash when it is installing but none of that happens. even though it didn't flash it still opened bios which is more then it did prior to actually inserting my USB stick.

my components for my pc
-rtx 3060 (GPU)
-amd ryzen 7 5800x (CPU)
-MSI b550m pro-vdh wifi (motherboard)
- Corsair vs600 (PSU)
-samsung ssd980 (SSD)
- nzxt h510 (case)

this is also my first time building a PC so any help would be great.

EDIT: I was watching my motherboard lights while it was turning on. and the motherboard lights switched from VGA to BOOT then it went back to VGA after it closed my bios on its own, it just continues to do that.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
First it would boot up, eventually it would open up bios, but after it opened it closed 5 seconds later and restarted the entire process over and over again.
So you were able to get into BIOS but the system rebooted itself?

Corsair vs600 (PSU)
You should've looked into a higher wattage PSU and one that's reliably built.

What cooler are you working with for that processor? Have you checked to see that the cooler is mounted properly? CPU fan tethered to CPU_FAN header on motherboard?

Newbey

Commendable
Dec 1, 2019
First it would boot up, eventually it would open up bios, but after it opened it closed 5 seconds later and restarted the entire process over and over again.
So you were able to get into BIOS but the system rebooted itself?

Corsair vs600 (PSU)
You should've looked into a higher wattage PSU and one that's reliably built.

What cooler are you working with for that processor? Have you checked to see that the cooler is mounted properly? CPU fan tethered to CPU_FAN header on motherboard?
yes the system seems to be rebooting itself, and the cooler for my processor isn't the problem my temperatures are low when i look at the bios

Usually to enable secure boot, your motherboard should be running on the UEFI firmware and not on Legacy and for that your drive partition should be formatted to GPT and not MBR. So this could be why your system is not booting? Im unsure how you can go about fixing this? Maybe you can re-flash your BIOS to an earlier version where secure boot is no longer on which will let you make those two other changes but please wait for someone more experienced to advise you further.

Axell

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2007
I'm having the exact have behaviour on a VS600 PSU. I tried jumping it(pins 4-5), it turns on but shuts off after 2 or 3 minutes. Is it normal for it to shut off or should it keep going as long as the wires are jumped?

TRENDING THREADS